Engine Guards and Coolant Bottle Relocation

tdragger

Living Legend
Six months or so ago, I fitted a Weapon-R 24 oz coolant recovery bottle to the backside of the radiator and it fit great. Unfortunately, I just fitted Triumph engine dresser bars (crash bars) and the previous location for the coolant bottle is no longer available.

My thoughts are to somehow attach the coolant bottle to the inside of the left crash bar. The question is how?

Any ideas?

For the short term, I may just run to the parts store and get some hose clamps and tie it onto the bar. At least that will get me back on the road until one of you brilliant customizers can come with a suggestion.

Using the old airbox for storage. Really don't want to put the bottle back there. Plus having to deal with air bubbles in the hose is not something that I want to look forward to again.

Or get some brackets welded onto the coolant bottle, drill & tap the tube and screw it directly into the tube

You can see mine on the downtube just in front of the sidepanel

That's a nice solution there, feathered one. I'd have to track down welding resource. Question: how are the hosed connected to that tube? Throught the bottom? One top, one bottom?

The cushioned P-clamp is exactly what I'm looking for. I'll make a run down to the hardware store to see if they might have any.

Using the old airbox for storage. Really don't want to put the bottle back there. Plus having to deal with air bubbles in the hose is not something that I want to look forward to again.

Tell me about the air bubbles..... What happened? How did you deal with it?

Mine is in the airbox.

I could never route the hose back to the airbox without getting some air into the hose. I'd be interested in how some of you are able to get the hose from the radiator, up over the throttle bodies or engine, back down under the frame crossmember and through the old airbox duct into the airbox without having any bubbles in the line.

The only way that I could figure on doing that would end up having a lot of excess hose wrapped up in the airbox.

Back