Engine Changeover

Will be keeping the Old motor at this stage, with my luck who knows what may go wrong this time.

20180407_154638.jpg To replace the faulty front brake light switch, this generic part is an exact fit.
Only cost $14 aussie dollars.

Have made up a set of baffles to slip into the Jardines , motor sounds choked with them in. But if that's what it takes to get the bike licenced, booked in for the 16/4 fingers crossed it will pass.

Baffles worked a treat, licenced and legal.
Straight home and Baffles removed, Jardines are singing as I head off for a quick blast.
Starting to notice some pitting issues on chrome, after many years of just standing in the shed.

Anyone got a way of cleaning up pitted chrome, will powder coating on the header shield survive exhaust temp ?

Try some ultra fine 0000 steel wool to improve and clean chrome to fully assess. Then if too badly gone you can use spray can exhaust paints from any auto shop, they come in a large range of colours and finishes now too.

Anyone got a way of cleaning up pitted chrome, will powder coating on the header shield survive exhaust temp ?
Soak the sheilds in white vinegar for a week rust will disappear but the damage has been done.
I soaked this R3 starter brush set for a week - before and after
782684BE-105A-4805-936E-8111F016C8CE.jpeg
DAB133BB-BA9B-48EA-B32D-CD332C5F72AA.jpeg

Last edited:
LED lights & indicators ordered, some powder coating arranged things seem pretty good. Then a short blast on the R3 before surgery for full shoulder reco, got home with the satisfaction that the roadster engine went well. Then I noticed the rocker cover gasket gremlin was raising it's ugly head, just above the front exhaust header near the radiator. It can wait until my shoulder is right, what next I wonder.

Back