Empty oil tank?

You are right... They even show it on page 9.15, don't they. I didn't know that was in there. It must not work real well because most Rockets will drain oil out of the tank after awhile. Mine will sit for days or even weeks sometimes and the level has dropped. All you have to do is start it up for a few minutes. I guess I'm not too worried about this because I used to own Harleys that did that but also had a nasty habit of wet sumping and puking oil all over the garage floor:sick:..... Anyway... thanks for pointing that out :D

Toystoretom said:
I am starting to get the feeling that dealership training by Triumph isn't exactly the best. The consistancy of knowledge is all over the board... isn't it? I'm sure the dealers just hate websites like this... we know more that some of these people... just because we talk and compare notes. Plus... its hard for a small dealership to really focus on one model, they may have several models and possibly multiple lines to deal with. Its a little scary that some don't know how to check the oil, how do they do oil changes? I would think that would be a basic thing..

I work for a new car manufacturer and we have several avenues for training. One of the biggest tools we have is a WIKI style resouce. I don't want to say its a website... it really is its own little "internet" and it is not online. Just for starters... it contains all the ESM's, a tech line, multiple trouble shooting functions, all recall info, all TSB's, all download info (to reprogram ECM's, BCM's, TCM's, NATS functions, CAN system protocall, ect). It has training modules.. updates for all of our scanners, tech tips submitted by techs all over the world, installation manuals for accessories and gizmos like IPod interfacing and Sat radio... and we still have to go to school on a regular basis:D. I dare say my continuing education is more advanced than a Doctor's, technology changes so quickly and so often that what you knew yesterday won't fix anything tommorrow. Right now there is a concern about who is going to take on the Hybrid vehicles in our little shop. Every once in awhile they eyeball me but then they figure I might just up and retire on them:D. They better hurry up, I've heard that our best selling car will be a hybrid and Its coming out soon...

When I went for a test ride, I waited for a few hours to get the bike because they needed to do a safety check on it and overfilled the oil...

You know.... that may be the best way to check it if you think about it.... Start it up and while its running add oil. If you overfill it just get out the old suction gun and stick it in the oil tank and take some back out.

Naw... just let the dealer do it :D, these things are a little hard to check though. I would worry if I couldn't find any oil after I ran it for a bit :eek:, that probably wouldn't be good.

Back