Emergency trip to the dark side

Stepnerd

.040 Over
Ride
2013 Roadster
Hi guys, a bit (or a lot) of advice, please!

I find myself with a rat**** rear tyre on my '13 roadster about 1200km from the nearest triumph dealer, so it looks like I am going to be heading to the local car tyre fitter here in town, and venturing to the dark side...

I'm not all that hopeful about the range of tyres available onsite but, what brand and model tyres should I consider, and what traps should I be warning the fitter about when it comes to dealing with the R3R rear?

Sounds like you are not to keen on the car tyre so just put the cheapest one on that you can find just to get you home , the tyre will do you until you can get the tyre that you want.
Why do you have to go to the Triumph dealership? any place that can change tyres can do it and also order the tyre that you want and probably cheaper, good luck hope you get home safely.

Hi guys, a bit (or a lot) of advice, please!

I find myself with a rat**** rear tyre on my '13 roadster about 1200km from the nearest triumph dealer, so it looks like I am going to be heading to the local car tyre fitter here in town, and venturing to the dark side...

I'm not all that hopeful about the range of tyres available onsite but, what brand and model tyres should I consider, and what traps should I be warning the fitter about when it comes to dealing with the R3R rear?
Dont let the tire shop over inflate it, keep psi at 30 to start and adjust either way to suit your weight/preference , sidewalls need to flex some for DS to work well.

This advice may be too late;
Get a unidirectional tread tire if they have one in the sizes listed, all other caveats taken into account.
Not a necessity, but can't hurt to ask.

Back