Electric motorcycle triumph

What annoys me about electric motorcycles is that they all seem to look the same, like naked/sport bikes. It seems manufacturers are in the same mindset as those early science fiction movie makers who seemed convinced everyone would walk around in identical jump suits “in the future”. If Triumph had the foresight to build a prototype based on a Bonneville, as well I suppose as the generic E bike we keep seeing, I’m sure they’d get a lot more enthusiastic interest from people who might actually be able to afford one.

The idea of a motorcycle that makes a whine with zero gear changing sounds like you're a passenger instead of the driver. The torque and hp are attractive but I fear it gets old with throttle on throttle off, engine break, whinny sound. I believe hitting the backroads would be a challenge due to the drastic engine breaking that the electric cars have if in fact the motorcycles react the same way. Maybe it will be different on motorcycles but I guess once society accepts them and there isn't a gas powered motorcycle to compare it with then it will be SOP. I would like to ride one. I do like my son's Tesla and the gadgets but the car has zero soul. Very cool looking though.

What annoys me about electric motorcycles is that they all seem to look the same, like naked/sport bikes. It seems manufacturers are in the same mindset as those early science fiction movie makers who seemed convinced everyone would walk around in identical jump suits “in the future”. If Triumph had the foresight to build a prototype based on a Bonneville, as well I suppose as the generic E bike we keep seeing, I’m sure they’d get a lot more enthusiastic interest from people who might actually be able to afford one.
You're right, of course. (As always.)

But this thing is halfway attractive. They've incorporated a lot of the visual elements of Triumph bikes. It's getting there....

You're right, of course. (As always.)

But this thing is halfway attractive. They've incorporated a lot of the visual elements of Triumph bikes. It's getting there....

Are you still going on about that one time I said you were intelligent and good looking? 🙄

Agree this one is a bit more appalling than other ones I’ve seen. I have no doubt I’ll be buying an E bike at some stage so I hope there’s going to be one on offer that I can live with.

Are you still going on about that one time I said you were intelligent and good looking? 🙄

Agree this one is a bit more appalling than other ones I’ve seen. I have no doubt I’ll be buying an E bike at some stage so I hope there’s going to be one on offer that I can live with.
Apalling?

AND....

Intelligent and good looking? But I still wouldn't do it, would I??

Back