Ecu Connection issues

foxxx

Standard Bore
Ride
2014 ducati diavel, 1993 1500cc V-max
Hi, My apologies if you have answered this question 10 times already but I have read many threads and cant seem to get to the bottom of my connection issues.
The first time I used the Lonelec cable I followed the instructions that came with it and after a few attempts it connected and I was able to adjust the TPS without a problem.
The next day I went to balance throttles and I could not get an ECU connection after several hours of trying and a shed full of flat batteries.
I contacted Lonelec and they suggested changing com and latency setting down to 2 (didnt work)
My question is why is it not connecting on the same settings as it previously did?

I am none the wiser but now its working , back on the settings it first worked on. I lost a day on it.
I must have tried connecting 20 times this morning before I decided to give up and I was Just about to plug everything out and noticed I had a connection. I managed to balance the throttle before it dropped. Is it normal to have so much grief connecting to the ECU?

If you're using Windows 10 and Windows version of TuneECU v2.5.8... then yes this can happen.

Some people including myself often have better luck with V2.5.5.
If you use the Android version (costs a few € on google play), it is very reliable and quick to connect.

Thats my problem so.Thanks I thought I was going nuts .How do I download the file from Google drive? I am a dinosaur when it comes to tech

Google play, not google drive.
If you want the android version for your phone or tablet, go to the google play store and search for tuneecu.
It will not be free, but not expensive.

Last edited:
Thanks got it. small money if the connection is a bit more reliable.

@foxxx Do you have a Rocket ? Just curious.
Hi, No I don`t own this Rocket 3 . It belongs to an Uncle of mine. I do the maintenance on it for him. This is the first time I have ventured into software though and it has been a stress full time. I would have been lost were it not for the info and help on this site.

I only got back to this now . Using an android tablet and pay-for Tuneecu to set TPS and balance throttle bodies instead of laptop/windows is like night and day, the difference is huge.No connection issues.
What made me give up and curse profusely the other day I could do in 15min today. There is nothing like learning the hard way.

Back