Rocket Scientist

Grand Exulted Poobah
Ride
Black 05' Rocket III standard
I'm sure lots of you guys sell on ebay so maybe you can help me with a question. I recently sold an item on there for $717.00 but when I got paid through Paypal I ended up paying the $21.00 dollar paypal fee. Is that normal ? Is there somewhere I should have stated buyer pays the paypal fee ? This is the first item I have ever sold on there so I'm just learning the ropes. The $21.00 was in addition to the $47.00 ebay fee. Any thoughts appreciated.

I'm sure lots of you guys sell on ebay so maybe you can help me with a question. I recently sold an item on there for $717.00 but when I got paid through Paypal I ended up paying the $21.00 dollar paypal fee. Is that normal ? Is there somewhere I should have stated buyer pays the paypal fee ? This is the first item I have ever sold on there so I'm just learning the ropes. The $21.00 was in addition to the $47.00 ebay fee. Any thoughts appreciated.

Next time add $68.00 to the item :p

I didnt realize ebay charged so much. :eek:

Sounds right Fred they take a % on your sell price and there is a site setup fee for using their website display tools.. thats why google is rich and we are poor, as nolton says just don't undersell your items too much, problem is you have to loose to sell unfortunately :)

If you don't have a verifiable relationship on PayPal, the transaction fees can be quite high.

It would be a good idea to review policies for both ebay and PayPal. They both charge less to those that use their services frequently, but I wouldn't say that going through the steps is beneficial any situation.

The Advertising Page here on R3Owners.Net shows my Verified PayPal Seal.

Sounds right Fred they take a % on your sell price and there is a site setup fee for using their website display tools.. thats why google is rich and we are poor, as nolton says just don't undersell your items too much, problem is you have to loose to sell unfortunately :)

Fortunately it was an electronic part they were going to scrap out from a machine where I work, so it didn't cost me anything !

That sounds like a rip off, so it is probably right. Ebay also owns paypal. I have never seen an auction where the buyer pays the fee. If you sell internationally they hit you for a currency exchange fee also.

its a constant paypal thing. when i sold my bags i didnt know but paypal charges 3% fee every time. at least for those of us who do not use paypal a lot.

Back