Easy Start headlight control module

TRIIICK

Living Legend
Ride
05 Rocket III 01 Roadking 08 Busa
I've been thinking about doing this for awhile.Watching some of the videos as they cut and sliced kinda put me off. According to this you just feed it threw and plug it in. Looks easy enough, was curious if anyone has tried this set up .
http://newr3.com/html/headlight_control_module.html

Attachments

• headlight_control7.jpg
    headlight_control7.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 73
Lot better deal than the EB!
It says "dual H4 headlight models only".
Would LEDs be adversely affected?

This kit does not take the load off the ignition circuit when running like the EB kit does , if you have a look at the schematic there are no wires back to the battery for supply to relay . It only allows you to start the bike and leave headlights off until you flick the high low beam switch then they run like std set up (yellow candle like lights )

Guys, this kit is somewhat of a farce. When you hit the starter button on the R3, the headlights go out. There is a relay that diverts the load for the headlights to the starter. Really, stand in front of your bike and have someone else hit the starter.

As stated above, the EB kit is the way you want to go. Not only does it protect your ignition switch, it also makes your lights significantly brighter.

Thanks for the heads up Dave and tdragger. I was looking at the same thing as triick, wondering if it would serve the purpose of the eb mod.

Gary

I wouldn't say it does nothing, but it provides no more protection for your ignition than the stock set up. What is does protect (a little) is your battery charge, but if your battery is so weak that it can't take having the lights on for a few seconds before you hit the starter, it's time for a new battery. Some may like the lights off function but it would be more useful if you could actually turn them off as well as on - not that I need that either.

I guess "nothing" was a little extreme but compared with the EB setup it certainly does very little

A Captain around here fitted something similar to this to his Roadster. He had a nasty habit of forgetting to turn the headlights on after starting. After a couple of tickets from the local constabulary, he ripped the **** thing out.

Back