Dyno Jet Power Commander

Aldo B

.040 Over
Ride
Triumph Rocket 3 GT
Has anyone had any experience with the new power commander 5 module for the R3? Apparently this unit is now available and ready to allow form throttle tuning on the new Rocket? Advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

No difference from a Power Commander for any other bike. The trick is to find an experienced dyno tuner. Before doing this, load Penner’s unrestricted tune into your ECU. You probably won’t improve on this with a PCV on the stock bike.

No difference from a Power Commander for any other bike. The trick is to find an experienced dyno tuner. Before doing this, load Penner’s unrestricted tune into your ECU. You probably won’t improve on this with a PCV on the stock bike.
I wish i could. I am just not tech savvy enough for Penner’s process. And i am aware the reviews and comments from those that have used Penner‘s mapping are very positive. I just have an urge to do do something that let’s this beast breath a little better. Every time I crack to WOT i can tell there are serious software constraints keeping the beast in a cage. It was especially evident at the drag strip recently.

I wish i could. I am just not tech savvy enough for Penner’s process. And i am aware the reviews and comments from those that have used Penner‘s mapping are very positive. I just have an urge to do do something that let’s this beast breath a little better. Every time I crack to WOT i can tell there are serious software constraints keeping the beast in a cage. It was especially evident at the drag strip recently.
The stock tune closes the throttle plates at WOT. The PCV can’t change this. The bike itself is a lot more technical than TuneECU, the Android program you need to load Penner’s tune. Here’s the manual. It’s not very difficult.

As the stock map is close to perfect at WOT, you will get hardly any gain with the PC5. As it has been said, the PC5 has no access to the DBW-tables. That is where the real power lies. So you will have to figure out how to get an unrestricted map first. After that the PC5 in combination with the Dynojet-Autotune is a fine tool to get the cherry on the cream cake.

As the stock map is close to perfect at WOT, you will get hardly any gain with the PC5. As it has been said, the PC5 has no access to the DBW-tables. That is where the real power lies. So you will have to figure out how to get an unrestricted map first. After that the PC5 in combination with the Dynojet-Autotune is a fine tool to get the cherry on the cream cake.
Thank you Sir for the clarification! Understood. I just have to get the courage to try this on my own.

Are there any benefits from a PCV for a 2020+ Rocket? (I mean without doing anything else like the Penner tune).

The thing I don't like about PCV is that it has to remain on the bike, then if you add auto tune, more modules and wiring. Tune ECU is better in my opinion. If you look at Dyno jet website, there are no R3 maps to download, so where do you start?

I’m a complete and utter technical idiot with these things and the conclusion I’ve come to is this - I’ll just forget about tuning my R3R (cos it seems like a total hassle) and just ride the thing! 🤪

Many folks on here have applied Penner's tune and been very happy with the results. Do you have any biking buddies who could help you with this, as otherwise you are missing out on some serious fun!

Back