Dunlop 404 trouble

UNCLE JESSE

Nitrous
I am running the 404 on my front of my rocket has been setting for about six weeks finally got a chance to get it out for today and I have a bad wobble at real low-speed like a belt is broke figured where it had been setting for a while the bias ply radials have a tendency to get flat spots but I figured it would smooth out after a 120 miles only does it at low-speed does anybody else know of such a problem tire does not have but a couple of thousand miles on it hate to have to replace it

I have never heard of such a thing as a belt separating while just sitting. That is really wierd Jesse. Have you considered putting back on a balancer for the heck of it? I am running a 404 with a few thousand on it with no issues. I am anxious to hear what you find.

I agree with Glen check your balance and air pressure, I also have the 404 on my front in fact I have had more than one with no problem but then again I have never let my bike sit for six weeks not even six days and the more I think about it maybe not even six hours.:D
The bike was just happy to see you Jessie and it had that wobbley feeling:)

Did not enjoy leaving it set for six weeks but do to the better half's surgery and two weeks of rain have not had the time the 120 mile run really helps to clear out the cobwebs and putting it up on the stand today to have a close look

Well here are the results so far put it up on stand, spun tire had a definitely dip in the side checked air pressure about 10 pounds low put it back to 41 pounds and the dip left will road check when it stops raining again one day of sun six rain :mad:

Six weeks and it lost 10 lbs, seems reasonable. I try not to go more than a week without checking pressures and I seem to need to add air about every two weeks.

That said, what is the recommended pressure for your front tire? My R3T is 36 I believe, so if you're going all the way to 41 then that says you were only down to 31. If so, its a bit surprising that 5 lbs below recommended pressure would have that bad a result unless of course 41 is your recommended pressure.

Hope it solves your problem.

Well I found the trouble it was on my rear tire a broken belt in the flat running surface after setting in the floor for a real close inspection I found a bad place in my CT have to take it off the bike next week and go to the tire dealer see what happens probably nothing :mad:

Back