driveshaft questions and others

tourings only run on the best fuel ;) sometimes @warp9.9 and others say reinstall that tune, always remembering to read save what you have currently. 08 tourings are probably the best motorcycle ever made, especially black w gray:p check more stuff and youll probaly find a little problem. that tune did you load it?
No cause it dont have the cable yet. That would at least show a vacuum issue.

I got around to checking tge front foil connections(they are a *****). It seemed like one came off too easy. I made it tighter. Then i noticed the " snorkel" fron the airbox to the top snorkel looked crimped on the airbox connection and i thought "this is it!". I made that better and by spraying carb cleaner it didnt show signs of leaking. I had this happen on a carb boot that the lip would suck in at high speed on my 83 gs1100 suze. Unfortunately the problem persists. It misses and hesitates when running at moderate rpm. You can accelerate ok.
Today im pulling the injectors to clean and check the throttle bodies for dirt.
Maybe a sensor. I just hate to start throwing expensive parts at it with no clue.

Heres the intake boot. Im wanting to go to a ram air system rather than keep this.
20200805_184236.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone tell me wtf this is? I was thinking a prop rod for the tank? I dunno.
20200805_181208.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well maybe im smart enough to figure out where the rod fits into. In the 3-4 wks ive owned it ive gone from getting familiar with this un conventional motor to tearing it down to the fuel injectors. Id rather never have issues and never have to learn. I still cant finger out whats wrong. I hope i dont have to trailer it 350 mile to get raped at a dealership.
I am capable, its just finding out what the issue is thats so difficult.

The prop rod goes into the hole in the tank and the head stock where the bolt you removed to lift the tank went.
Then you can get rid of the 2x4.

Back