dresser bars

engine bars

triumph's original c-shaped mount for bars was a terrible design. no-strenghth.-as most experienced riders w/ bars will tell ya--they can save ya legs if you have ability to throw bike into 360 degree spin instead of head-on . if ya lucky ! originals were crap.--john

You bet Martin, July, nice roads, just not as fast on the turns. That'll teach me to try to keep up with the sport bikes. Hopefully I'll stop hurting by then. :roll: **** sore in the ribs. Suppose I should have gone to the doc, but for ribs? Or is it my scapula and clavicle that are splintered. Yup, its broke, yup it will hurt for a long time. Yup breathing is painful. All because I didn't want to have to put the bike away till after hammer toe surgery in January. Just put a bullet in my head. ****in bodies.

Vic said:
33711474176.jpg
[/img]
33711471926.jpg
[/img]

A set of these would be €400

In a crash they do nearly nothing I think.

Just wander in case of tip-over, would they be worth 400 ??
New design dressers are very effective in a crash. Front dressers with Leatherlykes in back (or rear pegs down, I've heard) really minimize the damage if you drop your ride!

New design dressers are very effective in a crash

You're talking about new triumph bars Howard??

I still want them, there on my wish-list.

Its gonna have to wait till next year, I saving my allowance for a tuneboy now.
After I got the engine where I want it its screen, bars, pegs time ;)

Vic

bars

I don't want to send time and money behind bars. Too heavy and bulky. I just hang my boots on the foot pegs and lift one when the turn exceeds
the boot leather.
rockenrobert
gotta see the world, it will only take a minute

Correct guys... The new Triumph dressers saved the engine and radiator when I spilled my R3 end over end... See post "Totaled my R3"... There are pictures to prove it...

Mike...

Howard_inGA said:
Vic said:
New design dressers are very effective in a crash

You're talking about new triumph bars Howard??
That's the ones, Vic! They are much heavier that the first efforts we saw. The new ones have some additional much needed strength. Triumph does listen!

Yesterday, while cleaning some rain gunk off my ride, I found a stress fracture through and through break on the right dresser bar at the upper mounting ring. This bike has never been dropped, the bar has never had any torque applied to it of any sort. I've got to go by Tuesday and have another put on.
Anyone else had such a case with the new dressers?

Back