.040 Over
Ride
Triumph R3 Touring
33711474176.jpg
[/img]
33711471926.jpg
[/img]

A set of these would be €400

In a crash they do nearly nothing I think.

Just wander in case of tip-over, would they be worth 400 ??

Dont drop the bike and you wont need them .

Sometimes the things you buy to protect you bike can actually cause damage to the frame/engine or where ever they mount in a tip over . :?:

have the triumph bars, not as storng as would be expected but will do the job if it fell. look great and nice to have highway pegs

Frank

I have the redesigned "dresser bars" from Triumph.

They are plenty strong for a lot more than just a tipover. I don't know about putting off angle forces on them ala highway pegs, but they will do the job in a mishap.

Remember you want them to absorb the forces to protect the motor not transmit the energy to the block. That lump of aluminum is the frame, it needs protection.

They look great and they work.

Wayne they look exactly the same, they are just less flimsy. I heard the initial batches were weak and these are better.

Same look.

Thank you all

I see that there are more advantages than disadvantages.

I'm gonna look into rivco-front, highway pegs an triumph-rear. 8)

Its the situation as little G-Man got into that worries me (have to lay down). :wink:

Most of my bike I dropped sooner or later although never when moving forward. :shock:

Posted this just now on the yahoo mail list:
Let's see. A week ago I had a 35 mph wreck rounding a corner on mine. Bike walked away with cracked RH radiator plastic chrome pretty, missing RH lower fork reflector, a few scratches on the lower RH fork, and two very bent Triumph bars. Yes the Beetle Bags were scratched up but nary a crack. Not a bent mirror, broken lever dinged tank, side cover, or muffler. Both sides of the bike were in ground contact. I on the other hand am very glad I wear leather and full face helmet. Very sore ribs, bruise on thigh from hip to knee, and a big ass grind mark over my left eye on the full face Arai. Kicked the crash bars straight and rode away. I guess that is my endorsement for them. I'd hate to have bars so stout that the engine breaks before the bars give.
Brad

Back