Do or dont need to uncheck 02

bebsy

Finicky
Ride
2006 Triumph R3
Little question causing me a big headache...if you have already bypassed the o2 sensor manually must it be unchecked on map download

If you used the dyno plug you have to check the Box. Ran Hanso tune with the box unchecked and it backfired a lot. Talked to Hanso and went back into Tune ECU and checked box. Runs fine no backfire. Been running it like that for the last 15,000 miles no problems.;););););););)

If you used the dyno plug you have to check the Box. Ran Hanso tune with the box unchecked and it backfired a lot. Talked to Hanso and went back into Tune ECU and checked box. Runs fine no backfire. Been running it like that for the last 15,000 miles no problems.;););););););)
Hello there i too have a Hanso tune it came checked for a cat bypass..just puzzled me to why it wasnt unchecked, but i hear what you say thanks for passing that info on and thanks again to master Hans:thumbsdown:

I'm having to relearn all of this. With the TORs on my 07 and Tune ECU, I removed the O2 sensor and installed a plug. It's so long ago though I can't recall what I did with the O2 sensor and cable. I must have disabled it somehow.

I just received my TORs and after installing them will figure out how to download the new tune. If I leave the O2 sensor in place and check the box, what will that do to the tune? Will it run OK?

Edit: I just read another thread that addresses it but it doesn't quite answer my question unless I'm just hopelessly confused. The reason I'm posing this question is that one of the local speed tuners said I should leave my O2 sensor in use. He uses different software that allows the O2 sensor to change the mixture. So with Tune ECU we don't want that though?

Last edited:
FWIW, my understanding is the reason for unchecking it is that with it checked, it tries to counter the new tune, hence uncheck it.

If you uncheck the O2 sensor and leave it in position it may and probably will deteriorate over a period of time or fry. It is best if you uncheck the O2 sensor to remove and plug it. If you don't uncheck it but remove and plug it, it's still energised.

I unchecked and plugged it on my 2014 Roadster when I fitted TORS, RamAir and DP link pipe. I did not remove the sensor from the bike as there is quite a long wiring run but tie-wrapped it behind the footpeg plate so it can be refitted easily if ever I swapped back.

I do not even have a bung on my pipes. The plug from dnyo-jet hooks up to the wire which the 02 sensor would hook up to under the side panel. With the plug in place and the box checked it works fine. The 02 sensor eliminator plug disables the closed loop system. For some reason with the box unchecked and the plug installed the bike did not run right.

Last edited:
Soooo, what happens if you disconnect, remove and plug the hole, but DO NOT have the dynojet or similar adapter plugged into the wire?

Back