Difference between T/B and PCIII

T Evans

Supercharged
Can anyone tell me the difference in HP capabilities between the two? Given the same set up and in a capable technicians hands. Are you able to get 10, 15 or 20 more horses. We all know that it does away with the timing reduction in the 1st three gears and in the final gear and corrects the speedo. But just how many more horses can realistic be seen from running a T/B over a PCIII? Inquiring minds want to know.

T

Can anyone tell me the difference in HP capabilities between the two? Given the same set up and in a capable technicians hands. Are you able to get 10, 15 or 20 more horses. We all know that it does away with the timing reduction in the 1st three gears and in the final gear and corrects the speedo. But just how many more horses can realistic be seen from running a T/B over a PCIII? Inquiring minds want to know.

T

That would partially depend on what other mods you have done or expect to do. Are you running stock pipes to do you have other off-road pipes? Have you modified the air intake and/or added triple air filters or are you planning to? It's my understanding that you can achieve a similar horsepower increase using either a Tuneboy or a PCIII. I have Tuneboy myself and was lucky enough to reap the advantage of those who have worked directly with Wayne at Tuneboy and was able to get a great tune off this site for my R3T which took full advantage of my set-up and increased the HP by 30 or so. That having been said, it all depends on what you do with either, your level of expertise or who you hook up with on these sites that can help. Good luck either way! :)

I purchased a PCIII and installed last week. I was able to find a map just for my bike, Jar's with stock air filter. Now if I removed the P/C and installed a T/B, would there be a horsepower increase and if so, how much? In other words, can you get more HP out of the T/B or is it just a more versatile tool for more diverse setups.

So if I decide to go to with triples, I will find a map for my PCIII and upload and go on. If I was running a T/B, I would do the same. The question is how much more HP will the T/B gain me, if any? This is provided I can find a qualified T/B tech that knows what he is doing to get these extra horses.

What I am trying to decide is if I made the right decsion by going with a PCIII and the GI Pro. Or am I missing extra horses by not going with the T/B and if so can anybody tell me about how many?

T

Without getting on a dyno there is no way to tell. It's just like someone loading someone else's tune and claiming that they have the same amount of hp as the bike that the tune was done on.

Tuneboy gives you full access to everything. Personally I would go with TB over GI Pro and PCIII. First of all it's cheaper than the two. Secondly you can do what the GI Pro does with about $10 worth of stuff from Radio Shack. With TB you further modify the timing beyond removing the power restrictions in the first 3 gears. You can also open the secondaries. With TB there is no add on's that can fail. You are loading a new tune into the ECU. You also get other functions like being able to reset the TPS and read trouble codes.

That being said, support for TB absolutely sucks. Installation is very quirky, it is not really plug and play and not for a novice computer user. That being said, some have no problems and some can never get it to work without help from someone else. And you can't count on TB to help either.

I like to think of myself as a good and capabile user. I would also think that I have probably helped to sell a few TB's for them. I had an issue and was communicating with Wayne about it. When it got to a point that none of his solutions worked, he simply stopped replying to my emails. No, "I don't have an idea" or "Or sorry, I think were are at the end of the road" ....nothing. And I am not the only one that has been treated that way either. Some new users have gotten the same treatment.

That being said, you are not going to be missing out on any noticeable hp between the two. The best thing you can do, is get a dyno tune. And that is best done with a PCIII.

I was hoping that you would chide in Pig9R. I knew if anyone would know it would be you. You just confirmed what I was thinking. Yes I have a 365.00 in my PCIII and GIPro, 200 for the PC and 165 for the GIPro. But I did get that all important to me gear indicator which I find to be a tremendous help. With me stuck out here in the middle of "BFE " and no T/B support, I think i have made the right decision by going the way I did. Because there is probably no noticable difference in the final outcome of HP. It comes down to what each of us feels comfortable with, T/B or PCIII.

Thanks Bubba

Big T

PS... I wonder if anybody is running the same set up as I am and have been to a dyno,
Jar's and stock air filter. I wonder what kind of numbers they have gotten as far as HP and torque? In other words, I wonder what kinda numbers I am doing with this set up? That being asked, I plan on taking it to a dyno shop next spring to be dialed in. Then I will know.

Last edited:
My 08 with jars, stock filter and PC3 dyno'd at 136 Hp and 141 T at the rear wheel. As I understand it from the sportbike guys, this Dynojet certified tuner with the new Dynojet dyno is the most consistant so it's who they use. They also tell me his numbers are real and not 15-20 high like a few others in town. I don't know for that but I do know my bike FLYS and runs fantastic.

I know I left some on the table-3 K/N's and such will bring more but I'm very happy.

Thanks King, that is probably a realistic figure, 135 hp and 140 torque. I wonder what it takes to get 150hp? Surely you wouldn't expect to gain 15 hp with the triples would ya?

I had removed the secondaries when I installed the Gi Pro. If you think that the triples will make that big of a difference then I'm sure that trips are in my near future. I will have to look around for a map for this set up for the PCIII. Do you know of one that would be a fit for my set up?

I had removed the secondaries when I installed the Gi Pro. If you think that the triples will make that big of a difference then I'm sure that trips are in my near future. I will have to look around for a map for this set up for the PCIII. Do you know of one that would be a fit for my set up?

Just go to www.flipmeister.com. He has the filters at the best price and will also provide you the other two filters you will need for the Air Temp Sensor and the Crankcase Vent. Pig9r has great installation instructions and how to remove the stock air intake on this site. :)

Back