Difference between T/B and PCIII

When I had just Jars, PC3 and under seat K&N, I got 140hp/144fp but it was on a dyno at a mc rally. They claimed they were accurate but who knows. I did notice a huge difference after adding the big pods. No way to tell just how much the intake helped because cams were replaced at the same time. Guss (at Baxters) said it was running so strong when he got it back together to not be too concerned about getting it dyno'd. Still haven't yet but plan to soon when I find a reputable place close by. All I know is it is tons of fun.....'Totally wasted a perfectly good 245 this fall.

On the same note of performance, has anyone noticed their R3 liking cold weather? It may be me but it seems like the throttle response is more crisp when it is cold outside.

When I had just Jars, PC3 and under seat K&N, I got 140hp/144fp but it was on a dyno at a mc rally. They claimed they were accurate but who knows. I did notice a huge difference after adding the big pods. No way to tell just how much the intake helped because cams were replaced at the same time. Guss (at Baxters) said it was running so strong when he got it back together to not be too concerned about getting it dyno'd. Still haven't yet but plan to soon when I find a reputable place close by. All I know is it is tons of fun.....'Totally wasted a perfectly good 245 this fall.

On the same note of performance, has anyone noticed their R3 liking cold weather? It may be me but it seems like the throttle response is more crisp when it is cold outside.

I noticed the same thing, but wasn't sure if it was just me hitting the throttle harder or something else! ;)

I have it ordered through my dealer. He gave me a good price. Should be here any day. But it might be a bit before I try it out as the snow doesn't look like it's going anywhere.

When finding a tuner and a dyno you should look for some one who has the tuning link with DynoJet in California. Not that anyone can't tune with out it but I believe the link with their main frame allows for faster more accurate tuning.

I have read alot about The PCV and it sounds great but I have not seen anywhere in their writings that it allows you to move the speed limiter at all so as you may be able to tune your bike in it still wil a a limit in how fast it can go. As Far as I know Tune Boy is the onl link into the ECU that allows you to alter preset varibles permenatly. Remember Power Commander is a signal interceptor basically reads the signals going to the injectors and alters them so it squirts more fuel.

Although it is pricey tune boy and PCIII or V work well together as their are few tuners out there that know the tune boy.

First timer

Hi all. First time as a member after many hours, days of reading. I have a 2006 classic. The previous owner put all the exterior bits on, Staintune exhaust, passenger running boards, sissybar etc etc, then after getting used to the bike and reading this then I tinkered. First I removed the secondarys, fairly easy and no cost, had a dyno and it was 126hp at rear. Removed the standard air intake and had pods put on which come with the tuneboy, 137hp, 11hp just with the air intake change. Finally the tuneboy tune with no restrictions in lower gears, rev limiter changer from 6200 to 7000rpm and its now 142hp at the rear. Lifts in 1st and 2nd. Love my newish toy......:)

Oh yes, and I"m also are using the old filter box as the location for the radiator tank overflow bottle, louder horn, xenon headlights globes, lowered rear shocks.......

What?

You got headlights and lowered shocks under the seat??

This I gotta see. :eek:

First off welcome aboard. I have an 06 Classic and am going thru and doing the add ons also. These guys are a wealth of knowledge and willing to help when ever they can.

Big T

The cold air is alot more dense than hot air, the colder it is the closer packed the molecules are. Cold Dry air is like a weak supercharger. My Cooper has a supercharger and intercooler ... the weather this time of year makes it run like a different car.
Same principal works for airplanes ... hot humid days give less lift and it takes more runway to take off. Cold dry days make more wing lift and more engine power, so take off distances are shorter. If you watch drag racing year round, you can really see the difference in times based on time of year and altitude.

Just watch out ... the cooler weather has a negative effect on the rubber compound in the tires. That extra power might not make it to the ground.

Back