DIFF FLUID, MIXED WITH WATER

Using. Power washer is a bad idea. They produce way too much pressure and gets water and crud past seals, can damage finish.

Ibe seen a lot of damage caused by pressure washers.

hey guys. Decided to change my fluids again at 2600 miles. Changed everything myself at 600 with motul fluids.

Well im aware theses diffs have vents. I just had my bike ceramic coated. Im thinking the power washer got water in it.

Has anyone else drained there diff to find fluid looking like this??
It would only take less than an ounce of water to muddy the rear gear case fluid like that. That type of breather cap is prone to taking on water if under pressure
even when pointing the washer down as it will simply climb under the bell shaped cap under pressure. A "U" shaped cap would have been a better design like they use
on some new cars with front wheel drive. That type U breather can even stay dry when completely submerged.

Interesting to say the least. What happens when you ride in a heavy rain? Not knocking the New Bike i am just curious if that would cause problems.
If you ride in heavy rain, the Rocket 3 has a failsafe to protect itself.... all the water is directed at the riders back and neck, so the breather is safe!

Just changed my oil and final drive before winter storage. Final drive had water in it. Was given the same service bulletin. I have used a power washed twice and usually wash it with a garden hose. I am guilty of washing it while the bike is hot. Guess that will change and the final drive will be changed as frequently as oil now.

Back