Did you name your Rocket?

I don't usually name my bikes, in fact I never have. I have, however, taken to refring to it as the BEAST, because everyone's first reaction on seeing it is "Jeeezz, that's a beast".

I don't usually name my bikes, in fact I never have. I have, however, taken to refring to it as the BEAST, because everyone's first reaction on seeing it is "Jeeezz, that's a beast".

Frankly, I don't think that's very nice. You know, if someone did that on this side of the pond, the proper thing to do is to take off a riding glove, smack their left jaw with it and then challenge them to a quick draw. The last one to drop his drawers, showing his off his Paul Stanley signature manties (quick draw), has to was the other's bike.

Some of my bikes have had a peanuts motif.. The rocket was a "Spike" from the start... Next time I see Sue Hopper, it'll be painted on the back fender..

The Wing was the great pumpkin.

Last edited:
My last name begins with an 'E', hence:
  • Starter Wife = E-I
  • Rebound Wife = E-II
  • Keeper Wife = E-III
Since Keeper Wife allowed me to get another motorcycle after 20 years without, I felt
that I should honor her by naming the bike after her.

Well, the first words out of my noggin when I saw her was "what a beast, hence the screen name".
Sorry Joker, I didn't catch your girls name until this am.
Do you think it might be okay since you're on one side of the pond and I'm on the other?
My wife hates it but another name I'm considering is "Christine" after that big grilled monster in the Stephen King novel by the same name. I think it was a red & white plymouth.
I just love this bike! :D:D:D

Back