To tune the decel pop out entirely is to effectively detune the bike . A free breathing engine with an open pipe should decel pop , it goes with the territory ! The plugs are the window to your engine , a nice light tan with no burning and your not far off !

Hello team,
Map 20228 finally is downloaded.
I did it because I was too lean.

Now I still have one question:
The slip on muffler I installed is a close on. The exhaust air goes out from the side. Pretty restrictive... but I can remove the cover behind.
Cover close or remove to help my engine to breathe?
Thank you again for your help and patience. :)

Attachments

• 4A349622-8703-4F52-B9A9-9739D7A4B2C0.jpeg
    4A349622-8703-4F52-B9A9-9739D7A4B2C0.jpeg
    200.1 KB · Views: 1
Hello team,
Map 20228 finally is downloaded.
I did it because I was too lean.

Now I still have one question:
The slip on muffler I installed is a close on. The exhaust air goes out from the side. Pretty restrictive... but I can remove the cover behind.
Cover close or remove to help my engine to breathe?
Thank you again for your help and patience. :)

Since you have a RamAir to help it breathe in, it must also be able to breathe out. Right?

They said, it’s a short pipe. It’s why it can be close...
But I saw my bike suffer! Too lean!
But in the same time, they said if I remove plate, bike run more rich...? That mean, less air pass trough it.
it’s why I ask advice on this :)

No, if you remove the plate it will breathe even more, so it will be leaner - that tune is designed for good breathing intake combined with good breathing exhaust which means more air added to the mix - so uncork the pipe and let the tune unleash it's full potential

A free breathing engine with an open pipe should decel pop

Hey Nath, hows it going?....When i had my Storm on the dyno, we added fuel percentage in the lower end of the tune which effectively eliminated the decel pop.
It was only a few numbers but made bike run nicely especially on decel....a nice even, rich sound all the way down.
My Rocket tune has been done the same and i only get the odd pop when going hard and decelerating into a corner under brakes downhill.
To me, it sounds better this way...no hiccups in the tune at all...nice even pull from the getgo.

Hey Nath, hows it going?....When i had my Storm on the dyno, we added fuel percentage in the lower end of the tune which effectively eliminated the decel pop.
It was only a few numbers but made bike run nicely especially on decel....a nice even, rich sound all the way down.
My Rocket tune has been done the same and i only get the odd pop when going hard and decelerating into a corner under brakes downhill.
To me, it sounds better this way...no hiccups in the tune at all...nice even pull from the getgo.
I agree. I first ran a @HansO tune which I really appreciated and he provided a lot help for me from the other side of the world. (Please don't bother Hans with tuning unless he himself offers again. I would really love if he would visit more often. I miss him. ) I now run a Nels tune from the resource section. When I was using Hanso's tune I had a lot of decel popping. I know with an optimal tune decel pop is going to happen. The Nels tune provides extra fuel on the lower end which almost eliminated all decel pop. This was a big relief for me since I live in a place with lots of mountains and I enjoy engine braking. Riding down declines using the engine to reduce speed is how I like to ride. Many times I am in 2nd or 3rd using the same gear to accelerate and brake. Not having the motor continuously pop during decel with an open pipe makes the ride much more enjoyable for me.

..Me too...i like it better when theres no banging going on.
We split a muffler open on an old petrol powered Austin truck one morning. I was about 19 years old and delivering meat to the butchers early in the morning. A girl was walking a dog on the footpath. There was three of us clowns on the bench seat in the old truck and i turned the key off while the driver pumped the gas pedal...of course when i turned the key on again...KABOOOOM!!!....the girl and the dog came off the ground i swear!!
The muffler split right along the join and we got our bums kicked!
I figure decel pop isnt good for the exhaust system.

Back