DealerTool - Resetting service on 2.5L

Lamonster

#Rocket3Lovers
Ride
2020 R3 GT
I've been working with the guys from DealerTool and I got to say they are some great guys to work with. I bought their control cable and software hoping to be able to reset my service intervals on the cluster and to get rid of the wrench on the screen. When I bought the reader they weren't sure if it was going to work on the new R3 but they were pretty sure it would. Well try as I may I couldn't get it to read the ecu. I let them know the issue I was having and by luck they were able to get a 2020 R3 to their shop and everything worked fine.

They offered to take control of my computer after hours (9pm their time) to see if they could figure out what was going on. One thing for sure was I had the wrong driver installed so they fixed that. After looking at was going on they determined I had a bad cable. It's strange because they test for that before shipping but something might have happened along the way. They gave me tracking today and I have a new tested reader heading my way and I'm pretty sure this one is going to work. I'm super happy with their support and I'm looking forward to having a little more control over my own bike. I'll let you know how it goes. DealerTool diagnostic access to your ECU, for Triumph, Keihin and Sagem ECUs. Dealer Tool OBD and diagnostic interface for Daytona, 675, sprint, speed triple, bonneville, tiger, Rocket3, Rocket
IMG_4125.JPG
IMG_6355.JPG

Love what you are doing. The community is grateful.

I can attest to the great help from Dealertool bunch I had computer problem when trying to download the software emailed them then through teamviewer they took over my computer downloaded the software then they asked if I could go and plug into my bike and start the engine which I did and watched in amazement their dance on the screen they fixed my ABS light told me to up the #3 idle throttle body and checked a few other parameters then wrote me all is OK now turn ignition off ..you are set. what a great bunch of guys!

just sharing my two cents here... I used the dealertool to reset the service wrench timer in my rocket 3 gt 2021, and I had problems at the first try. I troubleshooted with the assistance of DT and this procedure worked perfectly:

1646242896291.png

Just follow the instructions below but please update your software to our 6.57b version if you don't already have it... It's in the link: Buy DealerTool

Once you have updated the software, open the dealertool sw up and check it now says 6.57b in the top left corner of the dealertool homepage.

Next step is to then make sure the time and date on both the bike and pc match... The time on both bike & PC have to match within 1 min or else the reset won't work..
Then make sure the date and date format match on both bike and pc ...
So as well as making sure the date matches, keep to the same format on both bike and pc.. to either UK format of day month year or other, month, day, year .

Lastly, select the correct mileage value in the dealertool programme, so MPH if your bikes clocks are in Miles, etc

Then do the reset... Both should now clear

My Triumph dealer told me they would charge $120.00 to reset the service light. This is Triumphs way of getting to you even if you do your own oil change and service. Glad members are now using the Dealer Tool to bypass. I asked the dealer why can't you guys just do it for free and he stated when they clear the service wrench to info goes to Triumph so they have knowledge every time they use it. I don't know if it's true but it sounds like something Triumph would do.

By law in the USA it must be possible for an individual to service their vehicle and reset the service light etc. Your dealer or manufacturer cannot compel you to use their services.

By law in the USA it must be possible for an individual to service their vehicle and reset the service light etc. Your dealer or manufacturer cannot compel you to use their services.
You're right about that idk. They said you can drive around with the service light on with zero problems but it's an irritant for most of us and we want it off. He stated when people sale their Triumphs they come in and pay $120.00 for them to remedy the situation and turn off the service light and evidentially Triumph wants in on the deal. You certainly can ride with it on but it bugs the crap out of me so I will either get the dealer tool or ride with it on. I'm done going to Triumph for anymore services as my warranty is up in 11 months and I'm done with them. Fantastic guys but outrages prices.

Back