Molinoman

Living Legend
Ride
2017 Polaris Slingshot
Rode over from Molino today to Jacksonville, FL. Staying with some friends tonight and then heading on down to Daytona tomorrow morning.

Maybe I'll see some of you around while I am there.

Dennis

Actually compared to the last time I went (2008) there were a lot of bikes actually being ridden down to Daytona, a few trailers (maybe they came earlier in the week?) were passed by me (in fact I passed all bikes on the way down...I really thought I could control this by now...but they were riding kinda slow...so I did).

I was waiting for John (R3Guy) for awhile at Rossenmeyers but after an hour and a half I finally had to leave....I had a lot of ground to cover...and it wasn't being covered there...sorry John.

Back in Jax at my hotel, I should be getting an early start to riding to Daytona in the morning, spend a couple of hours there then back to Jax...I have a lot of old friends to look up.

Saturday, I'll ride down again for one last hurrah then I will probably start my 700 some odd mile trip to Norfolk, VA and get there on Sunday. Then on to Clarksville, TN on Tuesday, Huntsville, AL on Wednesday and then home sometime after that.

MV...if I am still unemployed I may still come as a "surprise" guest.

If I am finally working around that time I'll have to skip it...again, we'll see how things turn out.

This being unemployed does give me some "unusual" options to throw around...but I'd rather being earning a paycheck as well.

Dennis

Thanks for the heads up but I am staying in the Pensacola/Milton/Pace area for work...if it should offer itself.

If I was single...I would gladly move but right now I have too many roots down in my area.

But I do appreciate you letting me know about it.

Dennis

Daytona trip update

Yesterday I rode up from Jacksonville, FL to visit my niece and nephew in law in Suffolk, VA. It was only a 600 mile ride but only really made good time in GA as, unknown to me previously, I-95 was three laned in both directions thru the entire state (112 miles worth). But once I hit South Carolina it went back to two lanes and those "trailer queens" from going back north from Daytona really clogged up the highway as they usually stayed in the left lane or passed slooooooooowly and held everybody up.
This lasted till about 30 miles from the North Carolina border then I made pretty good time for the rest of the trip.

Anyway I left Jax at 9:15 am and made it to my destination at 7:10 pm.

Tomorrow (Monday) I start a, roughly, 700 mile trip over to Clarkesville, TN (north of Nashville...about 45 miles) and will either be there that evening or early Tuesday morning.

Dennis

Ride safe Dennis.
Did you get any pictures of "cool" non-v-twin bikes while in Daytona
or was everything there two cylinder? (including your Thunderbird):eek:
just pokin ya a little bit bro,
Ride safe, that's the main thing.

Back