Beachsidebiker

Standard Bore
Got to meet some great guys during Bike Week, MiamiDave, Rkt3, Sebring Chuck. Some of us did the Bittish bike run to St. Augustine with the factory reps and hung out at the Kings Head Pub and Sly Fox Inn. Not to many Rockets were seen on the streets which means the R-3 is still a pretty rare bike. I got a lot of respect from the Harley guys (no one wanted to race me) and they kept thier women away from the Rocket. With the weather being perfect and the record crowd, it was a great event. Shame about the record death rate, but it seemed that most of the fatalities involved single bike loss of control bike on bike accidents or inexperienced riders, one guy only had 72 miles on his new Road King when he lost control and assumed room temperature! Ride safe Captains!

Last edited:
Sounds like a good time. Love that drive up A1A to St Aug. Actually love St Aug all the way around.:) My fav place is the A1A Ale Works on 1 King Street.

Concerning the deaths, I heard most were older men. I'm sure excessive alcohol consumption was invovled....:(

Yea, 18 riders gone forever, but with an estimated 600,000 in attendence it's a wonder more than that did'nt bite the dust! The Daytona Beach City counsel is now considering ways to stem the carnage, but what are they gonna do? Raise beer prices? more police? eitherway it's gonna mean more hassel and less fun...:(

All bikers must be packed in styrofoam....

Or dressed up like that little kid in "A Christmas Story"...

Back