David Gill custom RHS and LHS Bearclaws

@Ishrub
I saw a fiberglass front fender on one of your links & scooped it up.
Looks too narrow for that 150, but should fit over a 140 just right, I reckon.
Gratitude, M8!

How many people have given you feedback as a seller or buyer. The number appears at the end of your ebay ID and you can click on it to access your own or someone else's feedback records including breakdown of +ve, -ve and retracted or unpaid winning bids etc and how frequent and long ago they occurred. All of this is used to derive a %'age feedback score as well. Helps detect dodgy scammers and schill bidding or bidders with little or no previous feedback set up who could be friends/relatives asked to to bid up a sellers items etc.

upload_2018-2-20_16-7-49.png

You can also click on other bidders current bids for other items from the same and different sellers. If somebody with a very low or nil feedback is bidding on only a number of the seller's items you can be a bit suspicious they are a schill bidder. These days the actual IDs are disguised in bidding history but you can still click and see what else, the category and with how many sellers they have bids. Years ago when the IDs were not hidden you could examine other bidder's complete purchase history and if they were into things you like you could find the items and other items from sellers they had bought from and find things you never would have otherwise. Sadly that level of detail is no longer available:(
Another e.g. of a items other bidder's details.

upload_2018-2-20_16-11-55.png

The losing bidders current history - this was a couple of months after that item closed and by chance I discovered both the item sold and the losing bidder (to me) were both forum members;):D:eek:

upload_2018-2-20_16-12-34.png

Y
I used to get a chuckle sometimes at all the stuff people bought they would likely never tell their partners about or bought to share bedtime with their chosen one;):p:D

There are hundreds of little tricks to the trade of being an eBay 'Buy Lord' even if I'll never be a 'Time Lord' like Dr Who.;):D

Attachments

• upload_2018-2-20_16-7-15.png
    upload_2018-2-20_16-7-15.png
    109.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
It's ok @1olbull, don't let the ebay guru shame you. Your 50 is stellar compared to my 39... and I have been an ebay user for 17 years...
upload_2018-2-20_8-33-20.png

Gratitude, Anthony!
I haven't slept well for two days!
I know $hit about EBay and I relish in my ignorance!

The Dave Gill Bearclaws arrived today.

Made a template from one and sat it on the other bowls to get a quick cut of 6 that can be fine tuned /finished by hand rotary dremel type tool. Note the camber of the hole at the back is also more pronounced. Photo shows them just sitting there before final adjustment which due to contours will take a lot of fiddling to get right and looking similar when mounted to each cutout.

Note the classy ATGATT guys, especially as the grinder with thin cutting wheel throws sparks up towards your face!
P1050252.JPG
P1050257.JPG
P1050259.JPG
P1050260.JPG
P1050261.JPG
P1050262.JPG
P1050263.JPG
P1050264.JPG

P1050258.JPG

Attachments

• P1050256.JPG
    P1050256.JPG
    266.9 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Trying to shape the bowls to fit the contour is a real PITA especially with the mesh still installed. After a few trys cutting the curves into the bells, refitting to check, trimming a bit here and there etc on each of the holes which are quite different in contour and almost eleptical when the contour height variation is greatest. Eventually I pushed the mesh in without detaching it and just placed the 3 remaing unfinished cutoff bell mouths into it, contact glued and reformed the mesh to form a dome inside again - still not really possible to get the bells lined up at the same angle etc so I shall re-invest in some more bowls - remember just US$2.80 (Au$3.50) for 4 at my local Reject shop 3 km down the road. No worries about changing direction and redoing. ;):D

I think I shall remove the mesh entirely, place new bowls in the holes, align nicely, glue in place mark the hole edges outline on the bowls from the inside of the bearclaw and then use the Rotary tool / Dremel little cutoff circular saws which cut through the very thin <.5mm stainless like butter. Then replace mesh.

P1050265.JPG
P1050266.JPG
P1050267.JPG
P1050268.JPG
P1050269.JPG
P1050270.JPG

Last edited:
Back