David Gill custom RHS and LHS Bearclaws

Ishrub

That's my name ....built like a truck
Ride
2x2010 ABS Roadsters, Sprint ST 1050 ABS, 3x250s
Having a terminal condition ( well, I am alive after all ;):D), temptation got to me after not getting a reply from Dave Gill re listing his new RHS and LHS bearclaws on his far cheaper Rocke's Patches site rather than eBay. He posts items cheaper at Rocke's Patches with no eBay fees and postage is much cheaper. Anyway got a 10% discount voucher off Oz eBay 'PRESTO' and bought them both today for Au$400 posted. ;):D

Link Removed

Link Removed

RHS
Link Removed

LHS

Last edited:
I'm not very FB savvy or interested to be honest but I did respond and comment requesting similar on FB in his Post on the new Bearclaws without a result I am aware of.

I usually email him but he only gets them on his phone and has been very busy in his home heating occupation over winter in the UK.

I know he has a membership here on the forums too, but I have forgotten his member name and do not believe he lurks here very often at all.;):D

Those look very good. I tried to buy a left hand side from ebay and after trying to arrange shipping with him over multiple messages through ebay, he basically told me i need to deal with ebay to figure it out.

The ebay.com site shows about 11 items from him, mostly patches. His website shows out of stock on anything I find interesting. I will try to help out custom manufacturers, but I will not bend over backwards to give them my money.

I got a very quick response to my eBay query today re the size of the inlet cutout holes and he said they were hand cut at approximately 3". I was intending to install some chrome bezel rings or similar but have noted that due to the contours a flat ring will not work but I think I have come up with a workable idea - any opinions/comments welcome.

I will send a photo once I have finished modifying mine when they arrive. I have an idea that may get around the contour issue by using some small tapering stainless steel mixing bowls and cutting off the base so they make dummy intake trumpets.
They are dirt cheap too - just Au$3.50 (2 quid) retail for 4 bowls.
3.75" (95mm) across at bell mouth tapering to 2" (50mm) base and 1+5/8" (42mm) deep. 0.3-0.4 mm thick steel.

I bought these a year or so ago thinking they may work for a fun induction project.

Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl 4pk|Kitchen|Home & Garden|The Reject Shop
upload_2018-2-19_17-46-10.png

Last edited:
I got a very quick response to my eBay query today re the size of the inlet cutout holes and he said they were hand cut at approximately 3". I was intending to install some chrome bezel rings or similar but have noted that due to the contours a flat ring will not work but I think I have come up with a workable idea - any opinions/comments welcome.

I will send a photo once I have finished modifying mine when they arrive. I have an idea that may get around the contour issue by using some small tapering stainless steel mixing bowls and cutting off the base so they make dummy intake trumpets.
They are dirt cheap too - just Au$3.50 (2 quid) retail for 4 bowls.
3.75" (95mm) across at bell mouth tapering to 2" (50mm) base and 1+5/8" (42mm) deep.

I bought these a year or so ago thinking they may work for a fun induction project.

Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl 4pk|Kitchen|Home & Garden|The Reject Shop
upload_2018-2-19_17-46-10.png

Some bargain basement Hot Rodders install the bigger S/S steel ones upside down onto an air filter element drill a hole in the centre to mount them onto the carburettor a cheap unusual filter hat

If anyone wants any stuff from David Gill then let me know and I will pass on your details to him
I'm interested in a bear claw to go over my ram air, they're not listed on eBay on his site, and the oz claw is no longer available and he has no plans to produce any.

I'm interested in a bear claw to go over my ram air, they're not listed on eBay on his site, and the oz claw is no longer available and he has no plans to produce any.
Yeah Les in back in production of the OzClaw, I got one a week or two ago but really like the 2 side approach. When they arrive I shall compare and move on one or the other. He may have not replaced/relisted the ones I purchased off the his toyota6510 a day or two ago. David Gill usually lists un-vented versions as well.
Here you go -
TRIUMPH ROCKET 3 roadster rocket 111 rocket iii Grp air box right | eBay

I'm pretty sure he will relist them in the next couple of days.

There is also another UK eBay supplier of custom R3 GRP parts if you prefer theirs. User ID: triumph-custom-parts

But they do not seem to have any listed at the moment either just monitor both sites until they do.
triumph-custom-parts | eBay

Just their R3 bits and pieces:
triumph-custom-parts | eBay

I don't know why people get hung up about buying from other international ebay site listing for the same seller. You can still buy from their just use your same ebay ID and password to log on to that intl ebay site. The only issue you may have is a 4.2% currency conversion fee as you must pay in the currency listed but this is often negated by shifts in currency rates that favour one currency from another and most sellers do not amend their listing prices in foreign currency after they first list - sometimes due to currency shifts you can pick up the identical item purchased in a different currency to your own for much cheaper than the one listed in your own currency even after the 4.2% fee. I have saved up to 25% off or more off the same item some times by checking all currencies listed by a seller by clicking on their 'See other items' button.

Great post. Thanks very much. Added them to favourite sellers. Great tips on the currency front. I'm in the UK but from now on will be checking alternative currencies.

Back