datatool alarm bypass

I got one of them plugs from triumph to bypass datatool and it does not work on the rocket Works ok on a T/Bird and sprint st (MY BIKES) the wireing must be different on the rocket The dealer lost the one that come with the bike when they fitted the alarm

After about 8 hours with cushions wrapped round the bike in an attempt to drown out the noise, lmg is the forum expert on alarms. Maybe send him a pm - he's even in your neck of the woods (up North)

In that case WELCOME to the forum Chris.
I'm sure you'll find lots of information here.
Some of the time, some of it even makes sence.
other times..... well you be the judge.
One word of caution,
DON'T read the vision or imagination thread.
there's like 70 pages of it and its addicting.. :lol:

If you look at the instruction book for the Datatool alarm there is a section which shows you how to put in a EKA (emergency key access). This means that if you loose the fob or it dies, you can start the bike by going through a coded sequence of turning the ignition on and off (of course the alarm will sound while you are doing this). A bit of a faff but it means you can get home!

lmg posted quite a lengthy thread recently regarding his alarm antics, and how to overcome the **** thing.

My view (and my view only) is that the alarm is an irritant, and only fitted due to insurance company demands (in the UK anyway).

Any thief worth his salt wouldn't be bothered by an alarm, and most bikes are stolen by men in vans anyway (in the UK).

Back