DARK SIDE FRONT.

I have not changed tires yet on the R3 but will this winter. I have a rear tire mounted on the front of my Valkyrie and it has performed well. I have had one experience of front-end wobble over 120mph but it may have been these crappy Arkansas Interstate Highways. I have been a bit nervous about duplicating the issue.

image.jpg
I chose the the AVON Trailrider it is a 90/10 street/trail tire Dual compound. 160-60-17 after reading rim sizing tables I determined that was the widest I could fit under stock fender.

I really like the aggressive look of the tread and it feels glued to the pavement.

I also run Dark on the back:
BFG Sport Comp 2. 225-55-16

I do not regret either choice and would do it again.

I've run Car tires since 2006 after 3-Metz on my first R3.
GOOD luck on that combo must steer like a dump truck

Some good FAQs here from an actual tire manufacturer on the important aspects of construction and tread grooves direction
FAQs | Avon Tyres

Someone ought to ask Avon or any other car and motorcycle tire manufacturer about their position(s) on mounting car tires to motorcycle wheels or rims, particularly with respect to the incompatible bead designs between the one and/or the other.

I'm guessing that their response(s) would be more than interesting for anyone interested in actual facts, albeit that they would likely be totally dismissed by some.

Back