Danger! POWERBRONZE EXTENDED SCREEN

maurice

Nitrous
Ride
2020 R3 GT
Expand pic to see clean break of windscreen today at highway speed. I was lucky it only grazed top of helmet.
Use at your own risk.

Attachments

• 20220108_124425.jpg
    20220108_124425.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 220
So Maurice was this the mid size screen or was it the two screen unit they have. My windshield bounces a lot during freeway speeds and in the back of my mind I think about it snapping. I check it for every ride and so far it's fine. I worry about over tightening it also. I may look at other screens now as I never felt 100% comfortable with this one although it does a decent job on the wind. Just another thing to be concerned about. In my opinion the screen is too thin. Glad no one was hit behind you with the windshield boomeranging through the air.

So Maurice was this the mid size screen or was it the two screen unit they have. My windshield bounces a lot during freeway speeds and in the back of my mind I think about it snapping. I check it for every ride and so far it's fine. I worry about over tightening it also. I may look at other screens now as I never felt 100% comfortable with this one although it does a decent job on the wind. Just another thing to be concerned about. In my opinion the screen is too thin. Glad no one was hit behind you with the windshield boomeranging through the air.
Yeah Terry it's the extended screen, 2 screens. I would think you would not have the problem. Mine had lots of weight, all the way up and out on windy day. I may like the stock screen after all. Will see.

Wow that sucks, glad you are ok. I must say though that I have over 40,000 miles on my Powerbronze having gone 140 mph and have had good luck with it. Your story is a good thing to pass on, I will be watching it closer than before. Thanks for the update.

Wow that sucks, glad you are ok. I must say though that I have over 40,000 miles on my Powerbronze having gone 140 mph and have had good luck with it. Your story is a good thing to pass on, I will be watching it closer than before. Thanks for the update.
You have the extended one and you had it all the way up and out?

Back