"Cycle world" magazine...

Douglas

"Ardbeg Man"
Ride
2010 Rocket Roadster with Jardines 2006 Kawasaki Concours
...Not gone but it might as well be. I get 2 industry publications..."Motorcycle News" and "Cycle World" and when I received my latest issue of cycle world I about fell out of my chair. I mean, I am all for motorcycles as art but the changes have turned it into a completely different magazine...I could live with the changes except they dropped my 2 favorite features-Letters to the editor, and the column dedicated to helping folks with problems.

It also went to a quarterly and it looks like the "Race Watch" feature has gone away. -Doug

Yeah, i noticed the changes in the newest edition of "cycle world", looks and feels like a reference book. i too miss the sections you mentioned.
the darn magazine is so nicely bound i hate to throw it away.....

Motorcycle mag has done the same layout. They claim its the direction of print publishing these days. In other words...it don't cost that much more to make a snazzy artsy magazine than it takes to make the regular kind. But it looks expensive so its easier to explain a shift to quarterly publishing. I will let my subs run down and then decide whether I want to stay on board.

Motorcyclist Mag got ruined last year. Letting my sub expire. Subscribed to Cycle World not knowing they were going to be ruined too. VERY DISAPOINTED.

Luckily my buddy Jerry signed me up MCN. At least something REAL to read while on the crapper.

I have the new Cycle World in front of me and it looks more like a coffee table book than a good magazine with letters to the ed, and great tech articles. OH well. At least my Rifleman magazine hasn't been corrupted by this new wave of looks over function.

Motorcyclist Mag got ruined last year. Letting my sub expire. Subscribed to Cycle World not knowing they were going to be ruined too. VERY DISAPOINTED.
Luckily my buddy Jerry signed me up MCN. At least something REAL to read while on the crapper.

Me as well, Bill.
They ruined it!
I canceled Cycle World years ago - too much of not what I was interested in.

Me as well, Bill.
They ruined it!
I canceled Cycle World years ago - too much of not what I was interested in.

I'll send you a sub for 'Zimmer Frame Monthly' for Xmas with their classy centerfold spreads and informative articles. With your skills you may even get an opportunity to write a few freelance articles like:
'Breaking the 10mph barrier - Practical guide to hotting up your Zimmer Frame'; and

'Installing ESV LEDs to your mobility scooter - How much flash is enough?'

But just watch out for 'Zimmer Rage' Steve. ;):p:D:roll::roll:

old-age-retirement-zimmer-zimmerframes-walking_frames-walking_aids-nursing_home-sjon269_low.jpg

c12149f8b8aabc15b57729ae3f3ce310.jpg

Link Removed

Back