I have found my 'Exit the world' bike- the original Widowmaker!

Ishrub

That's my name ....built like a truck
Ride
2x2010 ABS Roadsters, Sprint ST 1050 ABS, 3x250s
I'm winning still @Rocket Scientist !

Kawasaki H1-A 500 Two Stroke Triple 1971.​

1648053369810.png
1648053416165.png

The bike had both detractors and enthusiastic fans, who either complained of poor handling and tendency to wheelie, or praised the power, light weight, and tendency to wheelie.[5]
;):cool::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:
The Mach III H1 500 subsequently has been of great interest to collectors and historians of motorcycles, often appearing on lists of most significant motorcycles. The H1 was included in the Guggenheim Museum's 1999 The Art of the Motorcycle exhibition in New York, Chicago, Las Vegas, and Bilbao, Spain.[4] Motorcycle historian Clement Salvadori noted in the Guggenheim's catalog that the H1, "was one of the least useful motorcycles available on the market" yet still sold very well because, in the heyday of American muscle cars where quarter mile times were paramount to the young male target buyer, it "could blow just about anything else off the road — for less than $1,000."[4] Motorcycling author and journalist Roland Brown wrote that it could "beat almost anything away from the lights."[7] Salvadori added that "Motorcycle lore has it that very few original owners of the Mach III survived."[4] While older Baby boomers collected classic brands of the 1950s and 1960s like BSA, Norton and Triumph, a younger generation of motorcycle collectors was nostalgic for H1 Mach IIIs along with other bikes of the era, Honda CBs and CLs, Yamaha RD350s and Suzuki Hustlers.[11]

I rode one of those things back in the 70’s and it was scary. That dead low end was awful but when you hit that two stroke power band it was almost over thrilling. I loved it. I was a two stroke fan back then and thought the fore strokes were heavy and sluggish.

I had one of those I restored about 20 years ago. Couldn't get the third cylinder to light consistently. When it did, woohoo. Sold it to a guy that corrected that problem, he put on expansion chambers and clip-ons and was never heard from again....

Well I got out bid already....... despite my lucky 777 number bid;):roll: .
Ya all scared me but I'll keep tracking now anyway!;):roll::roll:
Being a dingba I nearly pulled the pin this afternoon for just Au$845 ( US$625) on another local Canberra shed dweller (until I cancelled my Gixen snipe a few minutes before, as debt and reality, popped up their wise heads).
This dark and dingy project 1981 1st series Suzuki GSX250 twin with spoke wheels rather than standard mags, probably off a GS400 or similar. Still road registrable here in Canberra too and last registered in NSW.
Seems reasonably clean and the seller sounds old school and quite knowledgeable and honest in opinion. I have seen these projects flogged as 'street ready' too many times .
Still unsold, so I may not be able to resist next time or worse still - go for a look! ;):rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::roll::roll:
Then I'd be coming home for the trailer.
Ah thank you Lord, it was de-listed as unavailable within a few minutes of being relisted so somebody got into their car and in his ear first.:D:whitstling:😥
Maybe I'll get to see some of his other ones come up for sale.

EBay description (my Bold)
Suzuki GSX250 1981 project bike.
This GSX250 1981 was purchased as a project and has been sitting in the garage under cover waiting for about 5 years.
I have too many project bikes and am cutting back as I am retiring soon.
This is a good example but it does have some issues to be addressed.
Bike was previously registered in NSW and has an Australian compliance plate dated 1981.
It is not on the WOVR and can be re-registered with some work.
I had the bike running when purchased a few years ago but it has not been started since then.
It is a good example of a wire wheel GSX250. These are very commonly used as the basis for cafe racer projects.
The battery is dead and has been removed. Will need a new battery.
I expect the bike will need all fluids replaced and carbies cleaned out.
Expect front brake and master cylinder will need work as is stiff after storage.
Some scratches are on the tank from transport previously but no dents or damage.
Seat is useable but will need recovering for a full restoration.
Has been repainted to black from the original red but still looks presentable.
Chrome is in good condition and will polish up well.
I will not be trying to start the bike in this state.

Cosmetically the bike is in good condition and would clean up well.
Bike has a new front and rear Metzler tyres and both hold air and rotate well.
Original kilometers afaik.
I would think this is a very good project bike for a classic restoration, club bike or cafe project.
The start price is low as this is an unreserved auction for a project bike and the bike will be sold.
Please no silly offers or emails.
This bike is not for anyone not experienced with bike restoration.
Pictures do form part of the description so please review before bidding.

1648124221583.png

Last edited:
Being born in 1970 I never experienced this bike first hand but have heard many stories. My first manager was a motorcycle guy, which made for a good relationship. Being 20 years older than me, he had many stories from the 70s bikes and those included this triple. He said this bike was totally mental, insanely fast on the straights and total rubbish in the twisties.

In the spirit of 'helpfulness' have a look:

Back