Customer Svc Story

RatBoy

Turbocharged
I just thought that I'd tell you my recent story of TWO local dealerships...

(1) Capitol BMW (formerly Capitol BMW/Triumph) -

I've been going to John Ross over at Capitol since I moved into the area and unfortunately he was forced to drop his Triumph business when TRI, USA insisted that he devote more (non-existent) space to the Triumph line.

I was in need of my 20k service and called to see if he still had the equipment that he'd need. Unfortunately he did not, but he directed me to a former colleague to get the service done... Carolina Euro in Greensboro, NC.

- John told me that Jason was a former colleague and was an excellent shop. He didn't have to recommend anyone, but he did so knowing that I may take all of my business to Carolina Euro. How many dealers would do that?

(2) Carolina Euro -

I called to see if they could fit me into the schedule on short notice because I had a big ride scheduled for the July 4th weekend. The service manager told me that they could fit me in (I had dropped John's name). I dropped the bike on the Saturday prior and was coming back the next Saturday to pick it up since they were going to work on it during the week. I didn't hear anything all week and went to pick it up on the 2nd on the way out of town.

I was informed that they didn't have my bike ready and they apologized for dropping the ball and not calling me. They asked how they could make it right...

They ended up lending me a BMW K1200 GT for the week while they have my R3 still in the shop.

- They didn't have to give a loaner but they did, and I didn't have to cancel my trip.

I don't know of too many dealers, let alone two dealers, that have ever treated me better than both of these dealers.

They both going to continue getting my business: (1) Euro for services, and (2) Capitol for tires and other stuff.

That's great customers service all around. We need to see more of that, as well as more of us posting the positive things that "most" dealers do.

Kudos to you and Carolina Euro.

(Hey, yer not gonna swap the Rocket for a Beemer, are ya?)

That's great customers service all around. We need to see more of that, as well as more of us posting the positive things that "most" dealers do.

Kudos to you and Carolina Euro.

(Hey, yer not gonna swap the Rocket for a Beemer, are ya?)

Not hardly...
While there are some things that I liked about the Beemer, there were several things that I didn't like that cannot be resolved in the after-market.

(1) the small diameter tires found every rut, crack, or crease in the road and wanted to follow it.

(2) The bike would 'dance' in dirty air. Passing through road turbulance was a test of courage as the bike got pushed all over the road.

(3) I wasn't a big fan of the significant drop in the RPMs when shifting. I tried several methods of shifting in an attempt to smooth out the transition. I finally settled on staying in the revs, pulling the clutch in just enough to take the pressure off, and then powershifted.

Now, the power of the bike was phenominal and came on very smoothly. Riding on the really good roads of the parkway, the bike handles like a dream. On the not so good roads, it was a little tricky as previously stated.

I, do however, have to take off my hat to Jason. He could have easily just shrugged his shoulders... apologized... and sent me on my way, but he didn't.

It's really nice to hear a good report on dealer services once in a while. I'm glad that you didn't have to disrupt your trip.

Since most of the dealer-related posts are generally negative, I thought that we'd like to know that there are some good dealers out there.

We rode the northern parkway... into VA and over through TN.... @190 miles. It was a nice loop if anyone wanted to stage out of Wilkesboro or Boone, it's a nice day ride.

yes it is nice to know of good dealers around seems like they r few and far between

Not hardly...
While there are some things that I liked about the Beemer, there were several things that I didn't like that cannot be resolved in the after-market.

(1) the small diameter tires found every rut, crack, or crease in the road and wanted to follow it.

(2) The bike would 'dance' in dirty air. Passing through road turbulance was a test of courage as the bike got pushed all over the road.

(3) I wasn't a big fan of the significant drop in the RPMs when shifting. I tried several methods of shifting in an attempt to smooth out the transition. I finally settled on staying in the revs, pulling the clutch in just enough to take the pressure off, and then powershifted.

Now, the power of the bike was phenominal and came on very smoothly. Riding on the really good roads of the parkway, the bike handles like a dream. On the not so good roads, it was a little tricky as previously stated.

I, do however, have to take off my hat to Jason. He could have easily just shrugged his shoulders... apologized... and sent me on my way, but he didn't.

You mean like the other LOCAL dealer would do. I spoke with Jason the other day. Think I'll have to ride over. PM me about the day ride, please.

Nice of the dealer to give you a bike, he had your bike for a week and that was not enough time plus no phone call to let you know what was happening:confused: what the hell was he doing a complete engine rebuild?

Apparently the tools grew legs and walked off when one of his techs was let go. They didn't realize the tools was missing until they needed it.

Im going to take your post to my local dealership and show it to them, maybe they can learn something:D

Back