Custom Ram Air Intake

It wouldn't be too difficult to fab the plastic plenum in there to make it a ram air however I would just be interested in increasing the air to my triple filters under there. I don't think at 6300 rpms and low compression ram air is going make much of a bump in the HP curve. I'm not an combustion expert or race tuner; I would do it mainly for looks.

If I don't do something similar to what's pictured I may open up the claw cover to help cooler air get in.

I also wouldn't mind doing something like this too. You could do some work with the length of the intake. However the lower profile black one is more my style.

Last edited:
I also wouldn't mind doing something like this too. You could do some work with the length of the intake. However the lower profile black one is more my style.

I like the single headlight. How hard would that be to do?

It think that bike belongs to Metcruze in Oz. If you could find out where the bucket and what not came from it wouldn't be too terribly difficult.

guessing

I'am guessing thats the Honda Rune headlite. Pigger,U got it when talking about cool air verses ram air. Had ram air on hayabusa, They did tests and only came up with a gain of 2-H.P. at 185 MPH. Cool air means more than more air for power. Just cut that chrome bear claw open and make some scoops on the humps. I would do that but the biggest piece of bear claw I have left is about one half inch due to experamentation. Thheha Jack

I have been doing some reading on ram too and have not found anywhere (other than a jet engine) where any substantial gains could be realized.

Just cut that chrome bear claw open and make some scoops on the humps.

That was (still is) one of my initial plans. Maybe fab a sheild of some sort to separate some the of the heat from the engine that comes up between the throttle bodies.

pigger

I'am sure u already seen this one but a cheap little mod that works is this deflector on the radiator. Above 30 mph the intake is getting outside temp. air. I have my temp. sensor in the plastic around the stering neck so what it senses should be the same temp. as what's going into the intake. Jack

Back