Custom Hard Bags

Jim/Maine

Supercharged
Making my own hard bags

So I have decided to make my own hard bags. I have pattered them out of plywood and will begin cutting and securing honeycombed carbon fiber panels and cover them with leather. Hope I can get some pictures of the construction and the results. If anyone has an interest I could send you the pattens. They are not Beetle Bags but the shape and design work for me at least.

Last edited:
Honey comb Nomex carbon figer is incredibly light. The Easy Brackets will likely weigh more than the entire bag-- we'll see. I'll take some photos, probably start on them Wednesday-- completion and results are another matter.

Honey comb Nomex carbon figer is incredibly light. The Easy Brackets will likely weigh more than the entire bag-- we'll see. I'll take some photos, probably start on them Wednesday-- completion and results are another matter.

A couple years ago one of our pilots made his flight bag out of carbon fiber and .25" foam board. I didn't weigh anything and I could stand on it. :D

Funny your mentioning the side fairing. Reading all the posts it seems like that could be a good project. From what I've read, we could use a bit better design from Triumph and having it look good would be a necessary component for me and I'm sure others. I'm hoping that I will have the bags done within 2 weeks or so. Thanks for all of your support and encouragement. It is fun to share with this group!

Back