Cruiser Motorcycle Mentality

according to this article

http://www.paramuspost.com/article.php/20070819215403296

the 109 has 127 horsepower and 118 foot-pounds of torque

This article (2008 Suzuki C109R First Ride - Motorcycle USA)

claims... "Response was solid in the lower end and lighter near the top, and for me the meat of its power delivery was between 5000 and 6000 rpm. This falls in line with its claimed peak of 114hp at 5800 rpm. "

I, for one, don't see that number anywhere near the 140 most are getting from their Rocket3 Standard.

I love my bike . . I havent changed anything HP or performance wise . . seems like as soon as I do that, the dependability goes away. If it aint broke . . dont fix it. I have added all sorts of comfy stuff though. I live to ride on long rides . . . just watch the world go by, no talking to Deb or anyone . . . no radio . . . just wind. BUT, I also like that the HP and torque are there, especially because I pull a trailer many times. I rode Harleys for years . . . I might still be if it werent for the arrogant dealers around here. I've just had my fill of V-twins of any kind and I'm not a gold wing kind of guy . . . must be the little bit of pirate left in me . . .:D

Same here I guess.. lol I've looked at Gold Wings.. and they are excellent bikes. I went to a Harley Road Glide for about 6 months and it was a great, reliable bike as well, but neither of them satisfy the lust I have for muscle car torque and power!!!

. . . must be the little bit of pirate left in me . . .:D

I.. alas.. do not have a muscle car anymore.. hence the Rocket.. :) Unless you count my 360 powered Dodge Van.. It'll smoke the tires pretty good.. :) My last one was a '68 Plymouth Satellite Convertible.. Although, technically, the Road Runner and GTX were the "muscle car" versions... :)

Love the Chevy ll, the 66. My uncle had one when I was suppost to be growing up that was Army green and had the same Cragers thats on yours. It had the skinney red pin striped tires (remember those). Under the Obama plan it won't be "fair" that you have all of those toys, so I'll send you my address:D

the Suzuki C109 puts out more than 140 hp? I can't imagine the stock version gets even 100 hp, and pipes and tune isn't going to add 40. But then I could be wrong. If I am then kudos to Suzuki!

I owned a VL1500 also and put 30,000 miles on it. It was a great bike but pales in comparision to the Rocket.

I read about it in a recent magazine. Forget which one but I can find it. Either Motorcyclist, MCN, or Rider. the '09 C109 is supposed to be faster in the 1/4 than the Rocket. Not sure about Torque. It was in an issue out in November or December.

I read about it in a recent magazine. Forget which one but I can find it. Either Motorcyclist, MCN, or Rider. the '09 C109 is supposed to be faster in the 1/4 than the Rocket. Not sure about Torque. It was in an issue out in November or December.

This must be the article you are referring to:

Cycle World - Big Baggers: 2008 Triumph Rocket III Touring

They were comparing the c109 to the R3 touring which has much less hp than the standard or classic. Now it all makes sense.

Back