cruise control

I'd have to say no one that one PF. That is probably a factory Caddy cruise and it would be like trying to remove a cancerous growth if you were to try and get it out of there.

For the money the AudioVox has to be the way to go. Flip and I are just playing around with an idea for a vacuum pump setup instead of using manifold vacuum. You could probably install a brand new AudioVox for $150 or maybe even less if you have some of the stuff laying around or can score the tubing and vacuum tank for free..

I'm going with the Throttlemeister. Ordered the FH-ATT3 this A.M. $130 delivered.

Cancel that order, Scotty. Rocket Captain Kirk is about to beam you'all up........

I really hate to bust your balloon but you can do the AudioVox Css100 for right around 110 bucks, vacuum tank included and if we can do the vacuum pump thing, you can, can the vacuum tank. The css will emulate just what the cruise in your car does, you know, set, coast, resume, accelerate. It kicks out when you apply the brake or pull in the clutch and sets in 1/2 mph increments

I bought a new, in the box Css from Amazon for 89 bucks, shipping included and the vacuum tank from JCW for 12 bucks + 6 shipping. A couple of feet of vacuum hose courtesy our parts department and a couple of brackets courtesy my shop and viola, I'm good to go. The JCW tank already has the check valve built in.

There is something neat about pushing an illuminated rocker switch mounted on your left handgrip right above your high beam switch to engage and control the cruise control. To me, that seems more in keeping with the high tech electronic engine controls the R3 has.

That 20 bucks can go for a couple boxes of strawberry Pop Tarts and a quart of moo juice.......come on.:D

Stay tuned, it's gonna get better. I promise and I never lie, well, maybe little ones, but rarely.:) Installing it will give me something to do in the face of the impending storm heading this way. Old man winter is gonna rear his fugly head and poop white all over us up here in the midwest and farther north next week.

I may put one on my riding lawnmower too.

Radiation treatment needed....

That is probably a factory Caddy cruise and it would be like trying to remove a cancerous growth if you were to try and get it out of there.

That's over the top.:D

I though all old Caddy's were cancerous, especially in the rockers.

PF:

You need to recycle that ride. Give it to a Detroit charity. Would make a good ghetto blaster or a mobile home for the homeless. Tax deductible you know.:D

Hey Flip. Will be very interested in final results. I have been following this thread with great interest because I ride long distances and have had real problems with throttle hand getting numb after a long stretch. Have to pull over earlier than I would like to because riding with numb fingers is a bit spooky! Photos of the install would be great.

If I had a K&N underTank AF or hadn't installed a Stebel under the left SC I'd have space for a Cosco or was it Sysco? I agree with the desire to have up-hill speed maintained and certainly on the down stroke I'd want a steady pace. Having neither available space for installing the discussed system I'm going to have to suffer, a little bit. There's no arguing the flaws (shortcomings) in these throttle grip type devices. And there's the safety arguments as well. The choices are several and everything should be weighed; much like helmet laws and loud pipe restrictions. I say NO! to both.:flame:Though I no longer have loud pipe and wear a full face helmet, always.

Last edited:
Hi its Honker I am the guy that did the original installation on the Audi Vox and posted the first pictures of the install.After tweeking the set up I encourage all to not use the canisters.I used a vaccum pump off a VW Jetta.I bought it for $15.00 off ebay.It will sit just behind the battery in the space that exists there.It provides much quicker response with very little variance in speed.Trust me you will like this setup!

Back