cruise control

PF:
Anyting is possible given enough money and time.:)

I'd be willing to bet that the Audiovox unit at 100 bucks is way, way cheaper than a Hardley or Honda unit is. I'd also imagine that finding either used would be like finding a needle in a haystack.

Besides, everyone who has the Css unit seems to be very happy with it. I have read posts where they have been installed on everything from a Rocket to a Victory. It's really a universal electronic/vacuum cruise unit, adaptable to about any bike. They (owners) have even installed them on ****** rockets.

Its an electrical pump... about the size of a tennis ball. It was designed to supply vacuum to the Nissan cruise control setup. All you would have to do is run one rubber vacuum hose to it and the wires. I know someone makes a vacuum pump for power brakes on high performance cars that have little manifold vacuum due to wild cams ect ect, but those would be a little excessive for this application. Your belt driven pump??? Might be for the brakes also??

This setup would work on supercharged and turbo motors that actually have positive manifold pressue.

Tomo:

Could you get me a part number when you have time. I did a goggle search and there are no late model cars listed. All the oldies have probably been shredded or bailed. Besides, old Japanese cars rusted before you paid them off. I had a few of those.

This is an extremely popular thread with over 1,000 views.

I looked at the high performance vacuum pumps for drag cars and street rods. They are way more powerful than what I need. I believe the one was 21 inches of mercury. I don't want to suck a refrigerant system dry, I want to have my servo pull the throttle.

Obviously a very popular subject.:D

Last edited:
I'll get a parts number tomorrow, but keep in mind that the number will probably be different for every model and maybe for each year. The reason for that is that the mounting bracket will be different for an Altima vs. a Maxima vs. a Sentra. The prefix part of the part number may be the same. I sure wouldn't buy one new... call around to your local salvage yards and find one. I've never replaced one of those vacuum pumps in 15 years so they must be pretty reliable, I wouldn't hesitate one minute using one out of a junk yard. Just be sure you get the connector with it, it will make life so much easier..:D

I'm just going from memory here but these cars should have them..

Maxima 1989 to 1994 and probably to 2002
Sentra 1991 to 2001
Altima 1994 to 2001
Frontiers 1997 to 2004
Hardbody Trucks 1987 to 1996

Last edited:
I'm Baaaack!!!

OK... here are some pics of a Vacuum Pump:

A part number for a pump from a 1995 Altima is 18955 - 1E800. This part number will be different for almost every different model but the prefix should be the same (18955) and should help a parts guy narrow down the search. I didn't price out a new one, you probably don't want to know. Go to You Wrench It, You Pull It, You Yank It, and get one for $10.

If you look at the bottom picture you will see I have three of the wires twisted together, these are all grounds. The single pink wire is hot. On the back side of the connector the pink wire turns into two white ones, so if you don't come away with the connector twist the two white wires together for your hot (12 volt in) and twist the remaining wires together for your ground.

I'll take that one........

Tomo:

Thanks. Of course, you could send me that one. That would save me scrounging in the bone yard and I'll be happy to send you the money, cash, check or Pay-Pal, whichever you prefer.

Bone yards in the winter are very hard on my arthritic knees......:soapbox:

Oh Yeah... I can guarantee you my knees are worser :D....

I am pretty sure that one's going on my bike but I'll let you know if I score another one. That one came out of a 90 Maxima that was traded in and had so much damage it was headed to the boneyard, it was picked over by the techs before it left. That car's cruisin' daze were over.... RIP.....

Back