Nat67

Rockgoblin
Ride
Rocket 3 2010 roadster
Do you guys have any funny rocket related story's or encounters to share ? My friend often recounts ours over a pint ! My mate Jeff lost his leg above the knee whilst serving in the army back in the 80s but is still an avid biker riding his converted machines .When I first got my roadster I rode over to his house to show him . He couldn't ride it himself and on this one rare occasion agreed to ride pillion . During the short journey to the motorway I kept in high gears and the revs low so I could surprise him with the rockets prowess on the motorway . When we hit the slip road I kicked it down a gear and took off feeling Jeff slide back into the pillion rest I was confident he would be suitably impressed ! On entering the fast lane I felt a dig in the ribs , a quick glance in the n/s mirror and it quickly occurred to me that we had a problem . The wind blast had blown Jeffs leg off the peg and overcame the suction that held his prosthetic limb on . The false limb which was mainly made of resin covered in a flesh coloured foam complete with sock and Nike trainer had slid down his trouser leg and stopped at the cuff , effectively making his leg look 6 foot long and flapping wildly in the rockets slipstream . I will never forget the look on the car drivers faces as we passed them . To make matters worse , as I slowed and tried to reach the hard shoulder his leg would drop , hitting the tarmac and bouncing . First the Nike trainer , then the foot broke free and bounced over the traffic in the other lanes traumatising the drivers for sure ! We eventually made it to the hard shoulder and had a long wait for his Mrs to come collect him . Someone called the police and even they couldn't contain their laughter when they turned up not knowing what to expect from the horrific report they had received . It was a horrific situation that ended in the best possible way . Oh ! And it cost me £100 coz the shop wouldn't sell me just one size 8 Nike trainer . Needless to say Jeff was impressed and has added a stick shift modified rocket to his dream garage !:):):evil:

That is a great story. :D :D :D.

I had a friend back in Oz who had two artificial legs. He would often go skating and from time to time one of his legs would come flying off during a speed-skating session. There were always a few shocked expressions when it happened.

That is a great story. :D :D :D.

I had a friend back in Oz who had two artificial legs. He would often go skating and from time to time one of his legs would come flying off during a speed-skating session. There were always a few shocked expressions when it happened.

He always saw the funny side of things like that, and often played on them. He was a Thalidomide kid with both arms and legs deformed. However, he grew up and went to a regular school, did his apprenticeship as a carpenter, and won a silver medal at the Para-Olympics. He and his family have always had my deepest respect.

My neighbor lost his left leg below the knee, he hadn't ridden since he lost the leg. His cousin came over with his new Harley, they got drinking, he talked him into taking it for a ride up and down our rural road. He took off fine , when he went to upshift down the road, it pulled his leg off. He pulled over, forgetting he only had one leg now, and promptly fell over on his side. A passing motorist stopped and helped him pick the bike up, as they got it up they turned and looked, 2 Greyhound buses were coming down the road, he said every single wheel on both buses managed to run his leg over.

Worse still, the guy got what was left of his leg and wedged it in the saddlebag, he pulled back into his driveway yelling to his cousin "catch me, catch me", his cousin grinned drunkenly at him, having no idea what he was talking about, and watched him drop it on other side.

Sounds like there is a good market for those USA made 'Leg Up' Landing Gear computerised air driven stabilisers that deploy as the rider slows down and mount where a center stand would go.

LegUp by Chopper Design - LegUp Home Page

There was a Rocket 3 in Melbourne for sale recently with a set of the Mk 1 version.

Back