Correct Speed Adjust for R3T?

Starmanut

Nitrous
Ride
2010 Rocket III Touring, Suzuki Boulevard M50
I loaded a new tune last spring but my speedo is still off compared to the SpeedTracker app on my phone.
This is the tune I used to replace the factory tune. (Factory tune was: 20367Map.hex)

"Power-Tripp-R3T_stock_or_slip-on.hex"
Rocket III Touring
Aftermarket silencer
Fuel up to E25
Minimum 91 RON (87 RON/MON) fuel

Rev Limit: 6500
Thermo Fan: 103
Speed Adjust: -5.1
Speed Limit: 235.0

So with a speed adjust of -5.1 still I don't get a true MPH reading.

Additionally, I'm going to go back in and re-check the tune in the ECU. (Still have the older TuneECU running on Windows 10 on a laptop)

I have doubts that the above tune installed correctly since I did not see that much of a difference in performance, or maybe my expectations were too high. Others say they had a huge difference.

Can I check the current ECU without the 20 minute or so download (to PC)?
Or maybe I could try a different map, huh?

Everything is stock but the underseat air filter, which I replaced with a K&N.

On a new note: I should pull out my wife's old Samsung Tablet and get the android version of TuneECU, especially now that @Claviger is taking it over!!

For now, what are you guys setting the Speed Adjust to get it right?
Thanks!

The Speedos ALL deliberately read fast. This to ensure that it never reads slow.

BUT the TRIP METER reads spot on.

Be aware that adjusting the speedo results in the ODO being off.

I just run a GPS speedo in parallel. Does not work very well in tunnels of course, but........................

I put -7 to adjust it to my GPS. It seems to be good. Everyone I ride with enjoys me be up front because I seem to move a little faster. Really though I trust my GPS more than speedo. I mean if they can put a man on the moon with GPS, what's a little R3T running down the highway.

I have to say the -5.1 is very close to being correct as I have checked it against my GPS. As for the odometer. I could care less what that reads as long as I have a general feeling of how many miles to the next gas stop. That would be in case my gas gauge didn't work. Of course tire do affect things as well, but have yet to see a significant difference in the speedometer read with different tires.

Back