US$400 = AUD$555 after exchange fees etc. + teleportation etc.

New price from Corbin USA US$473 = approx AUD$655 + freight. Corbin Motorcycle Seats & Accessories | Triumph Rocket III | 800-538-7035

Australian supplier's link below. They have the worst listing descriptions (in this case completely incorrect and for another seat entirely) and only one photo provided for every Corbin Rocket 3 product regardless of the fact it does not display the listed item :(:confused::eek::whitstling:
- Somebody should advise Corbin USA how crappy they market their product here in Oz.

Triumph Rocket III
CNT-R3-8T-S Motorcycle Seat, Rocket III, Classic Solo, 2008-2012 $627.22 + local freight.

So unless you pay well less than AUD$100 teleportation/freight etc you would be better using the crappy local distributor and getting a new one to your specification of colour/ leather type etc.
Thanks mate for the heads up. I thought they were way more $$$ than that. The other thing is, I have dealt with Corbin's suppliers here in Australia when I bought a Corbin seat for my CBX1000... it was a bloody nightmare and I swore I would never deal with them again. The problem is, you have to go through the Australian rep' Corbin USA won't deal with you directly. I thought about letting Corbin USA know but never bothered as I've heard/read that Corbin USA's customer service is not the best either... I wrote about my Corbin dramas in another post. To be fair, apart from the shockingly bad backrest that came with the CBX seat (seriously awful) the seat was fantastic.
So, MCDVX enjoy your new seat :thumbsup::thumbsup:

The Corbin Australia rep has changed in the last 5 years I think but doesn't seem too flash either.

Tony, have you tried or considered the Rocket 3 Classic dual seat and rider's backrest. It does fit the Roadsters as well but has been out of production and stock for a while now. Well the seat itself is still available but the backrest is not available from Triumph any more. They still come up second hand occasionally and someone in the USA recently paid about AUD$500 on ebay USA just for the backrest :confused::confused::confused::confused:. The owner had put a link on the R3Owner's Classified's forum which I think caused the spike. If you want either an unmarked second hand combination or a brand new seat and unopened backrest in original packaging PM me.

US$400 = AUD$555 after exchange fees etc. + teleportation etc.

New price from Corbin USA US$473 = approx AUD$655 + freight. Corbin Motorcycle Seats & Accessories | Triumph Rocket III | 800-538-7035

Australian supplier's link below. They have the worst listing descriptions (in this case completely incorrect and for another seat entirely) and only one photo provided for every Corbin Rocket 3 product regardless of the fact it does not display the listed item :(:confused::eek::whitstling:
- Somebody should advise Corbin USA how crappy they market their product here in Oz.

Triumph Rocket III
CNT-R3-8T-S Motorcycle Seat, Rocket III, Classic Solo, 2008-2012 $627.22 + local freight.

So unless you pay well less than AUD$100 teleportation/freight etc you would be better using the crappy local distributor and getting a new one to your specification of colour/ leather type etc.
I did after my interaction with them and they told me I could not get the OX Blood Red welting on the seat I wanted, so I rang Corbin in the States and told them about the Crap Aussie Distributor

I have been remiss. I have been busy with selling unneeded home stuff and my retirement at end of June in preparation for my move to Olympia Washington. I have not gone to find out shipping costs to east coast as requested. I will try to get that done tomorrow (Friday) or by early next week.

I have been remiss. I have been busy with selling unneeded home stuff and my retirement at end of June in preparation for my move to Olympia Washington. I have not gone to find out shipping costs to east coast as requested. I will try to get that done tomorrow (Friday) or by early next week.
I can understand how life's complications impact our daily lives but it may pay to send him a PM and apologise personally. I'd be pissed if a seller did not respond for 3 weeks and would probably have gone elsewhere never-mind the "no nonsense lets get on with it attitude" of @MCDVX. My guess is it is still up for sale! Good luck and if it goes to Washington with your move you will be closer to @1olbull in Tacoma and he may have sorted his underseat junk by then! ;):D

I did after my interaction with them and they told me I could not get the OX Blood Red welting on the seat I wanted, so I rang Corbin in the States and told them about the Crap Aussie Distributor
The European ones are not much better. But frankly the Corbin business model may not help. I have encountered the same sorts of problems with many bespoke type products.

The European ones are not much better. But frankly the Corbin business model may not help. I have encountered the same sorts of problems with many bespoke type products.

Amigo!
Your word-smith abilities continue to impress me! :thumbsup:

Back