Corbin Beetle Bags

Another similar issue is - How is your passenger about being careful when getting off and on? A friend of ours had these bags on his bike, but everytime his wife got on and off she scuffed it with her boots. He was one angry guy about that. So eventually he traded his bags for my honey's Leather Like bags. Can't scratch those so easily. His bike and bags where red. So my honey repainted them Black and is using them. He really likes them. But he doesn't carry passengers. Has a seat for them, but just rides solo.

I love the look of the corbins but the passenger thing is one of my main reasons for not getting them. I ride with my wife and my oldest daughter and my oldest son off and on (in a few years it'll be the next round of daughters/sons) and I just know one or all of them will scuff the crap out of tops so I've stuck with the LeatherLyke bags, sadly, one of them just cracked around the mounting pegs so I have to find a replacement. How are the OEM leather bags? Are they big enough to hold two sets of leather gear and a laptop?

I have had the Corbin bags on the the bike for 11,000 mi, with 95 % of that with a passenger....If she kicked the bags every time she got on, she would stay home.....It's not that hard if you pay attention and give a crap about the bike.....If she cant pay attention and don't give a crap about the bike , she stays home......My hunny loves to ride,and she loves the bike, so she duz what she needs to, to keep from staying home.....Seems to me that scuffing wives don't really give a crap about the bike.

My kids, ages 9 and 11, do very well about not scuffing the bags also. Of course, they know I had them painted and know I would have to wring a knot in their..:eek:... lol. But, no, they know the bike is really cool and make sure not to scuff it up. I've had this paint job for over a year now, and the only one minor scuff is from my dumb self.. lol I've also picked up one small rock chip..:mad: but they've held up very well, even parked in a crowded garage with bicycles, and a Triumph Trophy... :)

Now.. I paid alot less when the bags for the Rocket had just come out. Now, I wouldn't pay what Corbin is asking for them at all. They look great, but there are alot of nice options out there for a much better price.

I love the look of the corbins but the passenger thing is one of my main reasons for not getting them. I ride with my wife and my oldest daughter and my oldest son off and on (in a few years it'll be the next round of daughters/sons) and I just know one or all of them will scuff the crap out of tops so I've stuck with the LeatherLyke bags, sadly, one of them just cracked around the mounting pegs so I have to find a replacement. How are the OEM leather bags? Are they big enough to hold two sets of leather gear and a laptop?

..try giving leatherlyke a call..bet they'll replace 'em for nothing..the new bags have a strip of some kind of plastic or poly on the inside of the bags..they're pretty good about standing behind their product..

..try giving leatherlyke a call..bet they'll replace 'em for nothing..the new bags have a strip of some kind of plastic or poly on the inside of the bags..they're pretty good about standing behind their product..

After 3 years and 40k? I looked at their website and they only warranty for 1 year...

But, you're right, it never hurts to ask.

Easy Solution

I hate to admit this..... but on a regular basis, my heels scuff the top of my Corbin Beatle bags. Being old, fat and weak, even getting the leg over the bike is a comedy of errors. Don't even ask about throwing my leg straight over the seat. That won't happen until we get economical cold fusion units working in every home and vehicle!

Anyway, enough about me! You're making it a lot more difficult than it has to be. It's so easy to remove the scuff marks by applying a little Mother's pre-wax cleaner. It might take all of 15 seconds to rub some into the paint and after the marks disappear, simply wipe the cleaner off with a clean rag. That's all there is to it. I carry a bottle of it along with touch up spray wax and a few clean rags.

Back