Corbin Beetle Bags

rbickford2569

Standard Bore
Does anyone have Corbin Beetle Bags with Passenger Footboards? Do they fit and is the passenger comfortable. I don't want to spend the money if my wife hates them after I get them installed. :confused:

I have both; I think you'll love the way the fit and look. They raise your leg enough to clear the bags and with the relocation brackets your feet are moved forward making the position much more comfortable. When installing both or should I say all three (bags, relocation brackets, and floor boards) the bracket from Corbin will have to be cut. There's a tab that gets in the way that has to be cut off. Rivco is making a new replacement that looks a little nicer but, they run about $90. Where they are located they're not that noticeable. I cut mine and then repainted them black. The new Rivco bracket looks really nice but to me not worth the extra $90.

JR

The relocation arms (bars) have two height adjustments. The link Pig9r has posted shows the boards in the lower position. The upper position is just less than 2 inches higher.

Last edited:
With the original adhesive that the Corbin's come with (for the heat resistant covering over the lower beetle bags) I would say they are affected by the heat and mine are the regular mufflers that come with the Classic. They each had to be Gorilla snotted to stay up in place.
Dennis

Mine have not melted or anything, but I do have to take rubbing compound to the bottoms on occaision as they sooted up pretty bad with the TORs

Only one significant problem with my beetle bags.

Would have to agree with the positives. but there is one problem I have with it:
Depending how tall you are I am 5'8. Let just say i am not as limber as i used to be, When I mount the bike I have to be real careful as to not slide the side of my boot across the front edge of the bike and that goes for the passengers as well. The hard plastic is not very forgiving, I think they should offer "as an accessory" of course lol a rubber front bra type deflector for the forward half of the beetle bag.

Attachments

• Eleanor2 jpeg.JPG
    Eleanor2 jpeg.JPG
    20.3 KB · Views: 491
  • Eleanor6 jpeg.JPG
    Eleanor6 jpeg.JPG
    16.3 KB · Views: 525
No problems with corbins and exhaust heat

The bottom of the Corbin Beetle Bags seem to stay cool enough with NO need for any flashing attached under the bags.

Also I just put on the passenger platform/floorboards. They fit nicely in front of the corbin Beetle Bags. On a side note however, When the platforms are down, they seem to be almost too far forward so when back up, the back of my legs seem to hit them more than I like and only allowing me to take small strides backwards, Kind of sucks when I am backing up a small incline.

Back