Coolant or Oil Temp Gauge Recommendation

Hubguru

It's Throttle Time!
Ride
2017 Rocket III Roadster, 2012 Kopavi V8 Trike
A few of us have some cheepos that replace the oil cap. I got one for around $15. But you can't see the temp when riding. I use the OEM cap anyway, unless I want to check the temperature from time to time.

I'm partial to the digital display provided by the PC-V eco system. If you've already got a PC-V, the POD-300 can provide a coolant temp guage, among other things.
Running with the POD-300 set up to monitor the water temperature, engine RPM, throttle position, speedometer, fuel/air ratio. It also has three colored led lights (green, amber, red) which can be configured to turn on for any configuration you want. I have mine set up as a shift light. Green 2K-5K RPM, amber 5K-6K RPM, red 6K RPM and above. The system is cool as you have three screen display choices (you can switch between the screens) and can have the screens display anything the PC5 can read. Really a fun system to play with. Unless you add transducers, I don't think you can monitor the oil system (temperature or pressure).

Running with the POD-300 set up to monitor the water temperature, engine RPM, throttle position, speedometer, fuel/air ratio. It also has three colored led lights (green, amber, red) which can be configured to turn on for any configuration you want. I have mine set up as a shift light. Green 2K-5K RPM, amber 5K-6K RPM, red 6K RPM and above. The system is cool as you have three screen display choices (you can switch between the screens) and can have the screens display anything the PC5 can read. Really a fun system to play with. Unless you add transducers, I don't think you can monitor the oil system (temperature or pressure).

You're correct a new sensor would need adding for oil temp, and you'd be limited to oil or water not both, because of the number of devices PC-V can handle.

I used VDO gauges from Summit Racing. The Vision Chrome Series are close in style to the factory gauges (also made by VDO) and are IP64 rated as well. I'll do a build thread when I get caught up.

20190628_214856.jpg
20190628_214935.jpg

I'm more of a digital readout guy, but really like the aesthetics of the VDO gauges, very clean look and matches great with the stock units. Interested in your build notes.

Thanks for listing other options as well, all great input folks.

JR

Back