chillinjim said:
Mine did that after running for 5 min. Had like 4 or 5 drops on the floor. Went to for a ride next day and nothing must be a heat issue on the gasket. or a pressure build up.

Mine leaked about the same amount after doing a 12 minute tune. I posted a note about it, received the advice to tighten the bolts up a bit (actually I think the word was "tweak"), found them to be a bit loose, tightened them up and have had no problems since then.

prestaged said:
If this has been covered, I apologize in advance.

You're right it's been covered before, in fact not so long ago... Grrrrrr! lol

Read this:
http://www.r3owners.com/viewtopic.php?t ... water+pump

What was the probleme on your first and second rad ??

Hey 140cubicinches.

First radiator had been wrongly mounted. One of the upper mountings was misaligned so that when it was tightened down it twisted the whole matrix and it was weeping at one of the top seams where it had been stressed.

The second one was mounted absolutely right but that also started to weep along one of the seams after 12 months. Just a coincidence.

On both occasions there was a small puddle underneath the water pump, not every day, just sometimes with no obvious pattern. When the bike is on the side stand any leaks from the radiator collect inside the cowl and drip on the lowest point, often via the pump housing.

Mind you, I went through the process of tightening the pump bolts before removing the cowling and finding the real source of the problem.

Z

Back