Prestaged

Supercharged
Ride
2008 R3T
If this has been covered, I apologize in advance. Went out to the garage tonight and the Rocket had a puddle under her. She peed, I guess. Got down on the floor with the trouble light and coolant was dripping from what appears to be the water pump housing at the front/bottom of the engine. Does this mean I need a new water pump, or just a new gasket? Is this common? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

'05 with 8,200 miles.

Mine pissed out a little coolant once. Never happened again. I believe the coolant actually was from the overflow tank.

Roger ,

try what Sully said tight bolts a bit
on water pump cover , if that doesn't do it
replace gasket . ( water pumps fine )
Mine were very loose , just a small drip.
Snug them up , problem solved

wayne

I'm on my third radiator, replaced under warranty. On both occasions the seams had gone. Any leaks in the radiator weep down via the cowling to the lowest level, and that's the water pump.

Take the cowling off and check for white staining on the radiator. That indicates where the leaking coolant has dried off and left a deposit. It's not always easy to tell.

Good luck.

Z

sully said:
Try pinching the bolts up a little , solved mine 8)
I think that's one of them Brit phrases...I think he means to tighten the bolts a bit. ****, I wish them guys over there would speak English. 8)

I "pinched" the bolts tonight and fired her up and let her idle for about 10 minutes. After shut down there was no indication of her wetting herself again, so hopefully she will stay dry. Will let you know if otherwise. Thanks again for the help.

Back