Competition Werkes Exhaust, With or Without DB Killers?

Zutt

Supercharged
Ride
2020 Rocket 3 R
Hi all.
I have the CW pipes and absolutely love the sound, it's intoxicating, but on longer rides it can get a little loud after a while, so considering the DB killers.

Those who have Comp Werkes exhaust, are you running them with or without the DB Killers?
Do they substantially "kill" the sound or ruin the sound quality?
Has anyone tried putting a DB insert on only one of the 2 pipes? Is there a downside to doing that?
Did you notice any improvement on low-end torque with the inserts in place?

Thank you all in advance for your input.

I am running mine with both DB Killers. Slightly quieter than without the baffles. I do not notice any change in the sound quality. I have noticed no change in performance. From what I have read, the Competition Werkes exhaust provides around 5 additional horsepower.

Starting to think seriously about getting a set. Stocks sounds way too tame, but I do a lot of long distance riding and if too loud it would be a bummer for road tripping. I know it’s pretty subjective without a db meter, but let me try asking this way, if the CW and baffles are a 10 (loudness) what would stock be?

Starting to think seriously about getting a set. Stocks sounds way too tame, but I do a lot of long distance riding and if too loud it would be a bummer for road tripping. I know it’s pretty subjective without a db meter, but let me try asking this way, if the CW and baffles are a 10 (loudness) what would stock be?
2-3 maybe.
I want to give it higher but you actually barely hear the stock when riding, mostly wind sound, and the decel pop. Maybe others who have them can chime in.

I think Zutt is spot on. I have Werkes with baffles on my Rocket and they are still significantly louder than stock. Not so loud that they are obnoxious. I rode six hours yesterday and was not bothered by the sound. The two other riders who were with me were both on Harleys, and both were louder than my bike.

2-3 maybe.
I want to give it higher but you actually barely hear the stock when riding, mostly wind sound, and the decel pop. Maybe others who have them can chime in.
Woah - that’s a big difference! I guess I need to hear it in person.

bike sounds good either in or out. I started without the baffles, put them in just to see what they sounded like figuring I would take them out as soon as I got back home. Ended up leaving them in for a while and took them back out a little while back. They're easy enough to pop in and out so no real downside.

Back