Competition Werkes exhaust for 2.5L coming soon

SleepyOwl

.060 Over
Ride
Rocket
1FDF2887-AC70-435E-9A6A-52F9848CF26F.jpeg

71AB1460-D26B-48E7-B458-E66AA035FD55.jpeg

Ok, now that you've teased me! It's time for the big finish!!!

Questions in no particular order:

- What does it sound like?
- CAT eliminated?
- What does the other side look like?
- Horsepower increased?
- Needs an ECU update?
- How much?
- When?

Nice!
Looks like a 3-2 ,cat vamoosed. Wonder if the ECU will be able to auto adjust for the new system.

Cut and paste from their Facebook page:
"
Key points*
-No power Commander needed, works with stock ECU and is within all parameters
-Gain of 4+ foot pounds of torque and 3+hp on Dyno
-Drops almost 26lbs off of the stock system
-Sounds amazing, with all the pops and crackles, definitely on the loud side but I love it, did not put the baffles in.
-Too loud and deep to register on phone MIC, will try to upload a proper sound clip soon."

Pops and crackles, no ecu adjustment needed, I’d say that ain’t right. should be smooth and no unspent fuel blowing up on exit, sure looks good
Could be some evil Euro5 air injection acting up. The demo R i have test ridden twice "crackled" pretty good bone stock.
Had a 900 Vulcan that popped a lot. Was told that getting rid of all the air injection crap would cure that right away.
I dunno, guess weäll just have to wait and see.

Yeah I definitely dont know I was just saying when the tune is on not much decel pop going on but the new one I really don’t have a clue was kinda just joking about the popping comment but our community will figure out the ecu soon enough and upgrades and tunes will be nothing but a thang

I do not know the rules in the US or Canada, but I am not very sure that this system will get an E-number, which is necessary for using it in the EU.

Apart from this, my thoughts on this picture:

- the tubes look great - I love that hand-welded-design...
- saving nearly 12 kg would be nice
- to be honest, the gain in hp and torque does not interest me - there is more than enough already available. It's already good that the system does not LOOSE any of them...

On the other side I have to say that the big hole underneath the frame where the big box was hanging already looks not that great. From the left without the third tube I expect it to look like if something was forgotten while assembling the motorcycle...

I hope somebody will proof me wrong...

Back