Comparison of 12 separate 7-inch LED headlight reflectors.

Last edited:
Just dropped 6 C-notes on J. W. Speaker 8700 EVO2 and 2 6045's for my R3T. Can't wait til they come in.
Well it took me a while, but I finally got'em in. Overall, I'm mostly happy with the lighting at night now.

The difference is like night and...

peanut butter. :D

Dropbox - 20170710_192314.jpg

I still haven't got used to the step in the beam and I'm pretty sure I'll eventually go with the adaptive light which, as I've been told by one of Speaker's reps, does NOT have the step in the beam.

I still haven't got used to the step in the beam and I'm pretty sure I'll eventually go with the adaptive light which, as I've been told by one of Speaker's reps, does NOT have the step in the beam.
Correct. It does NOT have the additional left or right diagonal kerb lighting addition. Having gone from Triumph to Original JW-Speakers and then to Adaptive. Adaptive is EXPENSIVE but GOOD. When you get the adaptive do not be concerned that the "stood still" dip seems odd. You have to be moving for adaptive to work. If you want to do a comparison - fit a camera and ride.

Adaptive lights are something you will have to accustom to. And if you have two bikes you will miss adaptive on the other one. The difference is NOT immediately obvious until it's not there. Quite simply the BEST lights I have ever ridden with - PERIOD.

I am told that the 7" is a better pattern than the 5&3/4" - but simply because there is more space to physically fit more lenses. With 2 * 5&3/4" there is a tiny trick one can adopt to make things seem smoother. DO NOT TRY AND WATCH the adaptive system. It is hard not to at first. It's mesmerizing. But after a couple of good rides on roads where you need to watch for traffic, animals etc - you'll forget about it.

DOT Approved 7'' Black Daymaker LED Headlights + 4 ''Cree LED Fog Lights for Jeep Wrangler 97-2017 JK TJ LJ
Anyone know if this will work?
Given that the VisionX is sold in pairs for Jeeps too, hoping this would work.
Looks very cheap to get my headlight and fog lights up to LED.
Would have a spare head too then if the first dies.
Any ideas?

Just as long as you know they are NOT real Daymaker headlights made by JW Speaker.
Pix_Daymaker 67700145.jpg
Part #67700145

Last edited:
Fitted the adaptives yet?
Oh and interestingly Speaker now do a 7" REFLECTOR system light. No idea of cost.
LED Reflector Motorcycle Headlights - Model 8720
Not adaptive but Mr @1olbull will be interested in the light pattern data

How nice of you to ask, Amigo! :thumbsup:
I shall be doing my Daymaker testing tonight and tomorrow night. :eek:
The new Adaptives will be installed on Monday - just in time for my ride doen the west coast and mountains to South Lake Tahoe for a few more days of riding. :D

The new Adaptives will be installed on Monday
:eek: - :coffee: - Heres a Tip- fit one very slighly off vertical to the right and the other very slighly off vertical to the left - A degree to degree and a half-ish each way MAX. This way the adaptive lenses activate overlapping in terms of angular displacement - not both at once. You won't really see the difference except in long sweeping curves but the tilt illumination is less granular. Have fun. ;)

I know you take care in fitting lights to perfection - other less finickity owners probably have already done this without realizing. "Yeah that'll do" - "She'll be rite" "near Enough" etc....

:eek: - :coffee: - Heres a Tip- fit one very slighly off vertical to the right and the other very slighly off vertical to the left - A degree to degree and a half-ish each way MAX. This way the adaptive lenses activate overlapping in terms of angular displacement - not both at once. You won't really see the difference except in long sweeping curves but the tilt illumination is less granular. Have fun. ;)

I know you take care in fitting lights to perfection - other less finickity owners probably have already done this without realizing. "Yeah that'll do" - "She'll be rite" "near Enough" etc....

OK. Gratitude, Amigo!
So from the rider perspective, left light rotate to left 1.5° and right light rotate right 1.5°.
Correctamundo???

Back