Comparison of 12 separate 7-inch LED headlight reflectors.

BTW - I just went and checked. My Chinese fakes are stamped DOT SAE E
In the original video you posted, they claim all the Chicoms are not DOT approved
So either he is not gathering complete information, generalizing, or mine have been illegally marked by the maker

GENSSI 5.75 (5 3/4) Inch LED Projector Headlight Round Chrome - GENSSI LED Light Bars

Well those aren't the same Chinese lights as the ones they checked, looks like a more modern JW Speaker counterfeit.

I suppose they might be DOT / E tested but I'd call it a 50/50 shot for the fraud aspect, but I'm a cynic.

It makes me really jones for a pair of those Vision X's

Yep, the "new Custom Dynamics Trubeam" are in fact almost certainly rebadged Vision X. But I have the 8700 Evo 2 and if I were shopping today I'd probably be looking at Vision X with the adapter that fires up both low and high beams when you go to high beam. Pretty impressive quantities of light. I'm considering trying to sell my almost unused 8700 in fact and picking up a Vision X instead; I'd love the 8790 (8690 in 5.75 inch) adaptive but when fully shipped and gotten through customs I'd be looking at 800€+ or $915 or so for one headlight. That's well beyond my pain point, I'd rather use that money on an McCruise or even a pair of Clearwater accessory LED's to augment my 8700.

While you're on a roll @cr0ft , say I were interested in the Vision -- you made reference to "two 4.5" that match" -- what would those be, please ?

I were interested in the Vision -- you made reference to "two 4.5" that match" -- what would those be, please ?

Hm, I was thinking of Custom Dynamics rather than Vision X, I think. But since the Custom Dynamics light looks exactly like a Vision X Vortex (almost has to be a rebranded light made by them) then I guess those should work either way.

TruBeam High Performance Motorcycle LED Headlamp

BTW - I just went and checked. My Chinese fakes are stamped DOT SAE E
In the original video you posted, they claim all the Chicoms are not DOT approved
So either he is not gathering complete information, generalizing, or mine have been illegally marked by the maker
I'll wager it's the latter. Genuinely homologated lights will also have other info stamped into the glass AND reflector.

A shed load of "E" main/dip lights sold are in fact ONLY certified as MAIN BEAM compliant. i.e. Dominator lamps sold as Streetfighter headlamps (popular at one time in the UK)
Look at your OEM Triumph lights. But - and here I am acting as Devils Advocate: even those contain errors - a severe test organization would fail them.
iirc - the boxes that both my Truck-Lites and Speakers came in contained documentation (ECE checkable) that details the homologation. Without this you could be inconvenienced by some "official".

imo - in a non tilting vehicle the Truck-Lite is outstanding on the road. On a Bike - less so. Adaptives' are the DOGS BOLLOCKS.

Looks to be the Truck-lite 4.5" #80275 is the matching running lite. I found em on Amazon for $89 ea.

Nope, Truck-lite is available as a three light kit off Amazon for well under $400 for the set of three including the Phase 7 reflector, but I was referring to the Custom Dynamics 4.5 inch driving lights to match the Vision X Vortex or the Custom Dynamics Trubeam, which seems to be a rebadged version of the Vortex.

The Truck-lite 4.5 inchers probably wouldn't look BAD per se but they'd not look like they were the same brand as the Vision X either.

Also, the Custom Dynamics 4.5 inchers come in a version with a LED halo to match the halo on the main 7 inch.

https://www.customdynamics.com/Images2/IMG_8896.jpg

I was reading another comparison on the truck light and the jw speakers. they liked the night time lighting of the jw but said that it was hard to see unless you are looking directly at them in the daylight. Therefore you are losing daytime safety even over a halogen light. That doesn't work for me. I want to be able to see better at night but care more about being seen during the day time.

Back