DQDude

.040 Over
Ride
2006 Rocket III
Got an 2006 R3 and the clutch doesn't want to fully disengage when at a stop. It will clank around until I'm at a stop and sometimes it will want to keep going and I'll have to keep the brakes engaged, sometimes it's like it should be. I noticed both the handle adjuster and lower adjuster are 'll the way out. I removed the cable to compare it to a new one to see if it was stretched or maybe the incorrect cable was installed. Long story short, trying to reinstall the cable and the actuating arm is straight down and I can't pull it up enough to reinstall the cable. Is this normal or is something more sinister lurking under the engine cover? How much uummpphh should be required to move the actuator? Really want to ride tomorrow.

Lifter shaft is burnt and worn down so it does not pull the lifter piece forward enough to allow the fibers and steels to free spin. New lifter shaft and while your at it the newer style lifter piece depending on what clutch you have. If its a silver motor then forget the new style lifter piece as yours is different then. Lifter shafts are the same though. pretty soon if you keep trying to adjust it the lifter shaft will snap in two pieces. Oh and you will need the clutch cover gasket also .

Yep... messed with it 1 last time and she gave up the ghost..heard a snap and now actuator arm is as free as a bird. Yes, silver motor. Drats!

Yep... messed with it 1 last time and she gave up the ghost..heard a snap and now actuator arm is as free as a bird. Yes, silver motor. Drats!
Its alright it just has a different style lifter piece and bearing. Nothing wrong with it. You'll be able to order the parts. Easy job 4 hours the first time. With a short cut or two you can get down to three hours provided your not thirsty :)

Got an 2006 R3 and the clutch doesn't want to fully disengage when at a stop. It will clank around until I'm at a stop and sometimes it will want to keep going and I'll have to keep the brakes engaged, sometimes it's like it should be. I noticed both the handle adjuster and lower adjuster are 'll the way out. I removed the cable to compare it to a new one to see if it was stretched or maybe the incorrect cable was installed. Long story short, trying to reinstall the cable and the actuating arm is straight down and I can't pull it up enough to reinstall the cable. Is this normal or is something more sinister lurking under the engine cover? How much uummpphh should be required to move the actuator? Really want to ride tomorrow.
I have a 2005 r3 and that is a very simple fix; just about a turn and half at the clutch handle control after you loosen up the large round retainer than screw the small nut closest to your clutch handle, I believe counter clock wise but not too much you will be able to get a feel for it when it is right, hope that helps! and be SAFE"

Guess it would be best to get the shaft and lifter button/piece ordered up. I don't want to open it up and find I got the wrong broken piece. If it wasn't for bad luck I'd have none at all. o_O:banghead:

Back