Clock/Thermometer for the R3

alselec

.060 Over
Anyone order the clock or thermometer for the R3? Was going to order them from newbonneville.com and mount it them on my R3. Does anyone else sell these for the R3?

Anyone order the clock or thermometer for the R3? Was going to order them from newbonneville.com and mount it them on my R3. Does anyone else sell these for the R3?

Would that be a Clock and Fuel Gage? Several sites sell these OEM add-ons, all at the same prices. I've not seen a "good" deal on them. The intank sending unit, by all reports, are poorly factory set to signal low fuel at or about the half tank level; which is fortunate for those with a 130 mile monkey butt limiter. I've read herein that this sending unit sends the same erroneous signal to the bar mount gage. Crap in = crap out. There is discussion herein about how to get into and adjust the mechanism. I have such poor luck with the forum seach engine. Otherwise I'd point in that direction.

Paul, I am sure you can bend something in the fuel tank, but I took mine back and it was adjusted under warranty. Now comes on with a gallon and a half left. But I am still going to the fuel gauge. It will say empty at about the same. But when I wake up after being overserved on a long trip I don't have to wait till the light comes on to know about where I am on gas.

Me too

Mine goes off at about the same as yours but if you want to customize it a little. Some people like to ride on the edge. For me it's a good excuse to get my old butt off the seat with out saying uncle.;)

Back