Clearview windshield review

Jag

Living Legend
Ride
2013 R3T
Just installed a 16 inch clearview windshield with a recurve, standard with and adjustable vent, on a R3T
The clearview is the same size as the factory one I'm replacing.

FYI. I'm 5'11 and I'm looking over the windshield about 3 inches.

Here's my review.

1: very nice fit and finish, well made, crystal clear, and not one blemish or scratch.

2: installed easily, instructions were generic, but still pretty accurate.

3: the vent is nice looking and barely noticeable.

4: first ride wearing a 3/4 open face helmet, no hearing protection, and sunglasses.
A: 50 to 60mph vent closed, normal wind noise, and air movement, no buffering.
B: 50 to 60mph vent open, a little more air movement, little more air noise, and no buffering.
C: 60 to 90mph vent closed, plenty of air movement and no buffering.
D: 60 to 90mph vent open, a little more air, and still no buffering.

The best part about this windshield is no buffering, just normal wind and air speed noise. The stock windshield the buffering drove me nuts. The vent I could take or leave, but is was only 80 degrees out not a 100.

I like the height of this windshield, because of the way it looks on the bike and it does get rid of the buffering, the recurve is very slight and almost not noticeable. The recurve must be getting rid of the buffering.

If I wanted a little more protection I would get another 2 inches taller and couple of inches wider it would be perfect for cold weather riding.

Just installed a 16 inch clearview windshield with a recurve, standard with and adjustable vent, on a R3T
The clearview is the same size as the factory one I'm replacing.

FYI. I'm 5'11 and I'm looking over the windshield about 3 inches.

Here's my review.

1: very nice fit and finish, well made, crystal clear, and not one blemish or scratch.

2: installed easily, instructions were generic, but still pretty accurate.

3: the vent is nice looking and barely noticeable.

4: first ride wearing a 3/4 open face helmet, no hearing protection, and sunglasses.
A: 50 to 60mph vent closed, normal wind noise, and air movement, no buffering.
B: 50 to 60mph vent open, a little more air movement, little more air noise, and no buffering.
C: 60 to 90mph vent closed, plenty of air movement and no buffering.
D: 60 to 90mph vent open, a little more air, and still no buffering.

The best part about this windshield is no buffering, just normal wind and air speed noise. The stock windshield the buffering drove me nuts. The vent I could take or leave, but is was only 80 degrees out not a 100.

I like the height of this windshield, because of the way it looks on the bike and it does get rid of the buffering, the recurve is very slight and almost not noticeable. The recurve must be getting rid of the buffering.

If I wanted a little more protection I would get another 2 inches taller and couple of inches wider it would be perfect for cold weather riding.

Nice review. Thank you.

Yeap...that is exactly what i was thinking, btw thanks for the review.

My Clearview is 18" tall and I ordered the wider size. Recurve and vent also. Slight tint. Love it. Only buffets if I get in the heavy draft of a semi. So does my car though . At 65-70 I think I could light a cigarette behind it. Even at 120 it won't wobble the bike. On a 90 degree day, the vent removes the vacuum between the screen and you, putting some moving air there to help.

Back